1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Software' started by DreamTheEndless, 21 Mar 2007.

1. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Well, I just bought the wireless apple mouse to go along with my wireless apple keyboard that I've had for a few weeks, and I've come to a conclusion about it: Apple mice still suck.

Yes, this is the best apple mouse I've ever used, and I've used them all. No, they still didn't make a mouse that was nice to use. How come in this one area, apple can't even get close to the usability, functionality, design, and innovation of Microsoft? How is that possible.

All I want is a nice bluetooth mouse. All the logitech ones use the bluetooth transmitter as a charger. All the microsoft ones only work with xp or fista.

Kennsington have a couple, but they look really light on features.

I don't know what to do. Anyone want to buy a wireless mighty mouse?

2. feckless2k1

feckless2k1 Minimodder

I know what you mean, its bloody hard to find a good wireless bluetooth mouse.

Whats the point of having built in bluetooth on my laptop if I have to plug loads of different USB recievers/transmitters in for all my 'wireless' peripherals!

3. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

It's growing on me - the scroll nipple does work well, but I'd still really rather have a logitech or MS bluetooth mouse.

4. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

i havent used any logitech mice for a long period before, but i have used the wireless apple mouse
    i thought it was quite good and the scroll nipple was really easy to use plus it looks great!

5. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

I think all apples mice are simply made for the design. And i can't stand that scroll nipple... At least they have implemented some sort of a scroll wheel.

6. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

I have a wireless mighty mouse and i like the scroll nipple alot. I still have a hard time getting it to right click exactly when i want it to though. And I've had it since December. Also, the squeeze function is just too much effort than its really worth. maybe i'm doing it wrong.

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I dont like the squeeze either, its not soft enough for me to use easily.

8. Matt_y

Matt_y What's a Dremel?

I have had my USB IntelliMouse for about 5 years now and it has never missed a beat. The side buttons are great for going forwards and backwards in Safari. So why can't Apple replicate the ease of use some of the more simple mouse have.

When the cord broke where the USB connection is and I went looking for a wireless mouse (so that I wouldn't wear the cable again from packing it away everyday) I gave up. In the end I fixed my old mouse with tape and bought another Intellimouse for home so that I could just leave it at work and at AUD$16.00 it was by far the cheapest option.

Tags: