1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian Li pc90 - Pre rebuild stages

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by huren, 13 Oct 2005.

1. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

:p

Well this weekend i hope to shoot off and see a mate in the alooy biz. and sort out 4 new side panels.
    Im also opting for the crystalfonts display to be mounting on the floor of the case, this should give better viewing to it.
    The bog work is now all complete on the chasis, and the front panel.

All thats left now is to try and get this freaking ps1 screen to run on a pci5200 at the same time as my primary vga card >_<.

2. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

Well after a long silence on this case its time for the ball to start rolling again.
    Ill be obtainin 4 ne wside panels and ditchign the stupid " tab " idea i had going which i really have no idea as too what i was think at the time :nono:

And for this comes a hardware update.

Opteron 165 @ 2.8ghz
    GEil ONe 2 x 512
    Dfi Expert
    2 x 250 seagate's Raid 0
    Ultra x-connect chrome 500w
    Msi 7800gtx ( or xfx 79's, currently 78 )
    Creative X-Fi Extreme music
    Ps1 Lcd / matrix Orbital ( i currently have the ps1 wired and ready )

2 x Bix2
    2 x D5
    Danger Den dual 5"
    Danger Den sual 3"
    Danger Den Copper Tdx
    Danger Den NV-78
    Danger Den Aqua Drive
    Swiftech MCW30 ( untill i obtain a DD block )

There will be alot of reconstructing Happening to this case and it has too happen in 47 days from now ( complete ) for New Zealand up comming only modding comp. XLAN.

So tomorrow i will start flowing with pictures of modding madness.

Last edited: 19 May 2006
  3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

i love the GEil 1 TCCD!! had some running @ over DDR 600 (PC 4800) on an Opty 148 @ 3.4 on a Vapo LS- great stuff!!

Loving the mod./

4. z4114

z4114 FACE!

Nice to see a fellow Opteron 165 user overclocking the guts out of it. It'll run very well at 2.8 even on the stock cooler. I suspect with your WC setup and the motherboard you have, you could easily pass 3GHz.

5. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

My 165 i have it running at 2.7 on stock volts and geil value 2 x 512 without a glitch.
    Now that i have some semi desent stick of Geil ONe which can handle alot more not only timming wise but also volt wise i hope to hit over 3ghz and beyond untill my work gets our muskin gear into stock then ill fiddle around with redline.

Now its time for me to go hide in the work shop and plan out my plan of attack, and then get ready to go watch my tfavourite league team " Warriors " rip some aussies a new.......... hole.

Thanks for the comments as always ^_^.

6. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

Oh noes!!!! Your working on it again. Please tell me your not entering the competition :p Get working so I can see some pics, looking forward to it :D

7. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

Haha, xlan will be fun. Itll be good too meet you and have a fine case like yours to comete against ( if either of us finish ) :p

8. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Did you get the GeIL 0ne BH-5 or TCCD?

I wouldn't trust the x-connect. It's using a 20 pin, with a 4 pin P4. The Expert uses 24 + 8-ssi.

9. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

It is the TCCD chip's i wish they were the BH-5 but Geil have none about :(
    As for the psu. I am aware that the ultra use a 4 pin whats modding without a little modding, So thats not an issue ;)

10. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Ah. You'd get Much better results with the 0ne BH-5, because that's the way the eXpert works. (ultra-d works best with tccd)

And of course, modding a powersupply always works. i like the way the x-connect looks, but not how it's only a 20 and 4 pin.

11. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

Well before i started doing anything tonight i had to find somewere to auctally work.
    Over the last few months i havnt been in my workshop that much, and when i have its been only to move things into a pile so i could paint.
    So once again i started cleaning out gear, not only for spac but in search for the case :worried:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My once everso spotless bench looks like a refuse centre sorting table
    [​IMG]

but thats sort of cleaned up now, and in doing this i was able to pull bits and bobs of pc90 out into the light
    [​IMG]
    the case is still highly naked, but this will change in the next comming weeks ^_^
    [​IMG]
    Now the few starting points i have on this case is to remove the support that i had made and bogged over as its just not going to suit the case well and is goign to be a pain in the behind when attaching the side panel so this will have to go, and i will aquire another support out of something a rather soon...
    [​IMG]

I will also be losing the lower 5" bay that is in place and be fabricating a new panel out of either alloy or acrylic that will fit into place better then this is
    [​IMG]
    Ill be keeping the topside the same so the psu will be visable from the side panel in all its chrome goodness.
    [​IMG]
    The upper floor will be either replaced or completly removed and flashings added for extra support. I just dont want to think that under the acrylic, there will be this ugly side to the case.
    [​IMG]
    I will also be paying attention to the rear motherboard sliding area as it just does not fit in how i want the case to look.... CLEAN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well its time for me to get back down stairs and pull the cae apart, yes apart.
    Im goign to go through and redo all the joins / riviting to make it look alot cleaner, so even if the acrylic covers are off its still a beauty of a case too look at.

And who else better to help me then my new modding and painter in the making....
    [​IMG]
    my son.....

My work is the importer of GEil into NZ so i might have to try and track some bh-5 down again, i had already asked about this but was told none could be found.
    And with the cost of memory were i am its cheaper to buy it new, well it was untill someone bombd somewere that fecked the petrol price's and dollar up.

See you soon ;D

12. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

Well after a hard day at work i really could not be botherd doing much to the case.
    I thought now i would plan the case out before attacking it and get a better feel for were i was going with it.
    First on teh plan was the grab a box of crap and see what i could use form it, alot of misc parts lying around doing nothing ( one of many pots of gold i have hidden in my house )
    [​IMG]
    the list of gear...
    alphacool nexss extreme 2
    black ice pro 2
    black ice pro 3
    ehiem 1048
    hydor L30
    3m of 3/8 thick walled tygon
    6m of 1/2" thick walled tygon
    Danger Den NV-78
    Danger Den TDX
    Waterchill antartic block ( 939/462/775/478 mountings )
    Swiftech Apogee cpu
    swiftech MCW30
    swiftech MCW20
    Danger Den 5" bay res
    Waterchill Res
    Tube tank res
    misc fittings
    3 x ps1 5" lcd screens
    Danger Den silver fill port
    Danger Den silver fillport res
    Dangerden black fillport
    Geil Ultra-x dual channel kit

Wonde rwhat i would get for all this gear on our local auction site
    [​IMG]
    And here we TJ03 Terror just chilling waiting to be paint stripped and then polishd, but thats for another day of logging ;D
    [​IMG]

Well after all the happened its time to get down to the case. This involved un riviting the complete case.
    [​IMG]
    To make thecase a little stronger and give a better visual look from the out side im contemplating puuting the top on the lower segment so when the sides are on i can take either the lower or top sides off and still have a nice clean line between segments.
    [​IMG]
    Im going to fill and secure these slide mounts with soem alloy flashing which will not only give a better look but also give the top floor a raise adn allow for better cable managment ( leds, controller wires etc).
    [​IMG]
    Well now its back to the hard yards in removing all the previously applied bog and getting the case back to bare alloy. FUN TIMES !
    [​IMG]
    and also unriviting these brace's and putting full alooy flashing supports down with once again counter sunk rivets for the stronger cleaner look.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow night i should have the case pretty bare and ready to start the long process of getting everythign square,cleaned, and ready to start the planning of teh inn covers, and the painting.
    Ive got on order 2 new side panels so i can design my new side panel windows.

Sorry theres nothign intresting but a boring update is better then no update :grr:

13. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

I know what you mean about not feeling like doing much. It’s nice to see some progress man. I know how it is when it comes to redoing something you’re not happy with. Sucks but worth it in the end :p

On the plus side after seeing what you have left to do my mod should be a walk in the park compared lol

Looking forward to seeing more :D

Oh yeah… woah crap that’s a lot of gear! lmk if you want to sell any off it :p

14. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

haha ill get this case finished even if it requires a sick day or two off work.
    I knwo it looks like along way to go but in all reality its not much a all, a few flashings and rivets here and there a little primer and then pow.

15. Ediejo

Ediejo What's a Dremel?

I like big lian li's good job ;)

16. tkh

tkh Minimodder

Wow! Love the size of that thing.

17. rynoman

rynoman What's a Dremel?

Any updates? or has life taken over. hoping that this mod hasen' died.

18. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

I really hope this thread isn't dead, it was such a beautiful mod! Please finish it, or I will forever be sad....:p

19. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

I think huren has been out of modding for a little while now but hes just moved house and said he would be getting back into the modding soon so hopefully we will all see some progress soon :D