1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Sony PlayStation 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Mar 2007.

1. koola

koola Minimodder

A bigger HDD comes to mind first!

2. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Play-asia claims it will not ship PS3 consoles or games to the European Union, Iceland, Lichtenstein or Norway. Anyone know whether that is accurate? I could really use a £300 PS3!

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Because I can. Thought you would have caught the sarcasm.
    I rip DVDs to 1.4 or 2.1 GB. I don't know yet what a good size for HD content is.

4. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

40% more is a Joke.
    The SixAxis is also a joke - the Dual shock is one of the most uncomfortable controllers I've ever used, making it lighter (not right feel) and ditching rumble (bloody stupid and you miss it so much in motorstorm) was stupid - I'd prefered the Batarang as it actually looked slightly ergonomically designed.
    The online service works but no integrated friends list? that sucks.
    Home will be out eventually, which will be cool - I suppose, second life never attracted me.

When Sony finally finish the PS3 and it's online service maybe the price will have dropped out of stupidtown too and I might, might buy one.

Now? not worth it at all. Get a 360 or a wii (or both) and have a hell of alot more fun.

P.S. PlayAsia can't ship to the EU as Sony will sue them and get them shut down just like liksang. Nice Sony. :wallbash: So if you want to support scum who really care, don't buy a console at all. If you want to support lying (worldwide launch!), cheating (EU gamers will wait as they are used to it or they will import - err hello?), insulting (40% more in EU as it's more expensive to live here! Tell that to the people in Poland) gits - remember:
    This is Living...

Last edited: 2 Apr 2007
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You're gonna have to make it far more obvious in future ;) :p

HD: 4-8.5GB mkv x264 with some form of HD or surround audio.

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Right, I'll remember to put the [/sarcasm] tag on the end.
    And thanks for the target file size.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:D Cheers

We do need a real sarcasm tag or smilie if that's even possible.

8. Yosemite

Yosemite What's a Dremel?

well as an american i don't feel your pain, but i do recognize it. i don't have a next gen system yet, simply because i don't feel its worth it yet, the games aren't for me, i don't like FPS or halo so that pretty much rules out xbox360(plus i don't really like it regardless) and i don't want to play Zelda or the Nintendo's usual childlike lineup, so the wii's out too. but the ps3 seems the most promising, as it has a blu-ray player, and in the past it has had a wide spectrum of game genres thats prob why its been so successful, but if you guys don't like how Europe is being ignored, then maybe importing could be an option(though i understand the difficulty of it, plus you'd be supporting their ignorance).

also i need to get a new HD tv, the one i have is too small(i was strained by my small dorm :(. but I don't feel like researching everything and blah blah, so if you guys know of an awesome tv i should look at that'd be great, i want one with 1080p if possible, and i mean it when i say there's no price limit, but prob don't want it to be more that 40" or so, but let me know, PM or here is fine :D

Last edited: 3 Apr 2007
  9. Tim S

Tim S OG

10. Yosemite

thanx, i'll check it out, the one i've been looking at ironically enough is a sony :D

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

I want 1!!

12. mclean007

IMHO the only choice is the Sony Bravia 40W2000. It is awesome - nothing I have seen (even the Bravia X) comes close.

13. mclean007

Maybe I'm being a bit dumb, but it looks to me like aria is selling the PS3 for £409.95....PLUS VAT! That is £481.69, hardly the deal of the decade.

14. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

15. Yosemite

yeah i pretty much figured, i've been looking at that one myself :D

and for the ps3 i think it's crazy how they treat you europeans, i mean do you guys buy less systems or something? because i would think you have a large population, so it'd be good for business

16. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

If you're looking for a cheaper 1080p set check out the Westinghouse line. I have the LVM-37W3, its a 37" set, and its fantastic. The picture is excellent, and it is amazing for gaming. I have it hooked up to my PC through DVI, and to my 360 with VGA, ps2 with component, and soon to be gamecube with component. the best thing is its only around 1000$ here in the US, so for a full 1080p set it is very cheap.

Im sure a sony bravia will probably have better picture, but it costs a lot more as well. I have yet to hook anything up through HDMI, but I plan on getting a ps3 eventually so it will be seen with time.

17. Yosemite

thanx, but as fir the 40W2000 i like it, but im not sure if i can get it, i can only find it on uk sites :) and im not familiar with GBP but does it go by another name in the u.s.? thanx

oh yeah, what would be the specs to upgrade the ps3's HDD?

18. Draven

Draven What's a Dremel?

The PS3 uses a standard 2.5in SATA hard disk. You basically just slide out the old drive and slide the new one in. Probably best using a slower spindle speed though, since the machine gets hot enough as it is!

19. Yosemite

yeah, i figured, i wouldnt try a higher rpm, but thanx

20. teabagger

teabagger What's a Dremel?

I don't see what the fuss about this is. First week sales figures are always going to be much higher due to a) initial spike because it's just launched and b) months worth of pre-orders being counted as a single weeks sales figure.

Tags: Add Tags