1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Why do people do that...???

Discussion in 'General' started by J-Pepper, 2 Apr 2007.

1. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

I ment removing it from a newer car (after '92). Older cars is fine though. Where I live, alot of people travel to the City of London, so there are alot of nice cars around, etc, but the Police still insist on setting up roadside test sites, and I understand that they check the emmissions there as well.

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

They basically check a database of acceptable emissions levels for the car, if there is no record then for a pre-'95 car they go off some baseline non-cat numbers, for '95 and onwards they use a set of baseline cat numbers.

3. NiHiLiST

The police? Surely it should be VOSA testing emissions?

4. stevie1556

The Police around here have vans which carry a full roadside testing kit. They pull people over randomly, then do a full test on their car (including the emissions). I've never been pulled over for it myself though.

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I hate stupid boy racer's.
    I dont mind car mods but some body kits just look daft, and big ass bus exhausts dont belong on there crap cars.

This morning some tit in a purple BMW with the bumper hanging off was next to me at the lights, reving up and just basicly moving past the line slowly.
    So when it hit green he shot off. to find me and my 1.3 corolla owned him and just shot past.
    Sleeper cars rock.

6. stevie1556

On a bit of road that I use to goto my best mates house, there are taffic lights with 2 lanes to go straight ahead. I always seem to get boy racers trying to race me off them. They are there in their little 1.1 Saxo, full body kit, big exhaust, bonnet vents (hahahahaha) with 4 mates in the car, there's my car (0-60mph 8.5 seconds standard with traction control), and they wonder why the lose.............

I've never understood why they don't save their money and buy a decent car rather then spending thousands on a crap one that they put a body kit, alloys, etc on.

7. nry

nry Minimodder

8. NiHiLiST

At the lights, rev and look at them as if you're going to race, then just pull away smoothly as you usually would. Sadly to some people this would mean they "won" :(

9. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

10. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I drive a 1.3 Ka and its stock....for a good reason...it will not go fast....ever. Its a great first car though and very reliable. Now, with the MR2 roadster I should be replacing it with; this I will put some uprated breaks on the front and back I think, and maybe some wider tyres at the rear, so I can go faster in the twisties. It makes much more sense to upgrade a car with sporting credentials.

There is one thing stopping me going this though. The dodge challenger. I would quite happily stick with my cheap and reliable KA until this thing (with a 3litre V6 diesel) is imported in RHD. Then I'll have no grip, lotsa power, and look like the stig.

11. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Thing is, round Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire at least, it's not the barry boys that drive like idiots - yes some of their cars don't look particularly tasteful, but it's the bellends with the more expensive cars that think it gives them a licence to drive rediculously dangerously. (Saab drivers are the worst I've seen and the cars aren't even nice looking :lol:)

12. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Now here is someone with their head screwed on properly... :thumb:

13. stevie1556

Has anyone heard that BMW is recalling all of their cars due to a rather serious fault? They are gonna to put stickers in them saying 'USE YOUR FOOKING INDICATORS!!!!!!!' :D:D:D:D:D:D

14. stevie1556

Yeah I'm on that site as well, haven't used it since it was astra-sport though.

After the traffic lights though, there is a foundabout, so I go around that a few times waiting for them (while using ESP to keep the speed up) then when they go past the roundabout, I over take em, it just has to be done! :D

15. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

well, ricers are realy going to hate me soon. There is a brand new 07 mustang gt due to my driveway in 6-8weeks (I put order in and it takes the ford factory this long to fill an order) 0-60 in under 5seconds, 5speed manual, black on black with leather, power seats and heated seats. Leather steering wheel and nothing else. Who needs more when you have 300ponies on tap and the beautifull sound of that engine breathing through the factory tubing.

Now I know how a parent feels when he/she is expecting a baby. :D

Not to mention the hate posts I will get from the other side of the pond telling me about the solid rear axle and the whole hp/liter thing, I think I am really going to love this car.

List of upgrades include, nada, nothing zilch for at least 2years then I will decide on what to do, if I decide to modify I think im going to add a turbocharger good for about 500hp and maybe some handling goodies from ford performance or maybe ill decide to keep it stock.

16. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

yea why does the corsa in my town need 4 exhausts

17. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

obivusly the owner has uber power :lol:

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

One per brain cell.

19. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

It will if you put a 2.0 Zetec in the front :naughty:

I already have the engine, 16" compomotive MO wheels and a ford racing arch kit. Just got coilovers and brakes left (should be getting some ford racing puma brakes)

am i a ricer/barry/etc?

20. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

You have the power....
    I cant see anything wrong with upgraded suspension and brakes as your improving the handling and safety aspects of the car, which is always good as your making it safer for yourself and those people around you!
    If you want it to make it look good then why not, i think subtle mods are the best anyway! Pics help!

Am i chav? :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Apr 2007
Tags: