1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project 'Death by Caution', 7/March/07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by El1m1nate, 7 Mar 2007.

?

Polish the bottom of the case?(so underneath leds reflect).Main case polished 2 times

Poll closed 11 Mar 2007.
  1. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 Polishes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 2 Polishes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. El1m1nate

El1m1nate What's a Dremel?

i set up a poll to decide 4 me about the polishing please vote :D

2. El1m1nate

image hosting resolved im using imageshack now, the only 'real' limit is u get 100mb/hour bandwith otherwize ur images dont load... thats quite a lot lol i calculated it...:
    100*24*30 = 72000
    72k bandwith compared to 10k lol!

3. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Hi
    if u are going to polish the botom (if its not painted, cuz then we are talking waxing) with good result u must first wetsand it down to at least 600 grit or better yet 800.
    To properly grit down an area of 10x10cm down to 800 grit u must work it for over an hour ,and u cant just start with the 800 u go from maybe 200/400/800), however its a very time consuming job and i honestly dont think it will notice much difference at all with the lighs sinse it is at botom of the case..

Cool idea with the front ..

Last edited: 11 Mar 2007
  4. El1m1nate

Update 11/March/07

Ok back at it and i have some awesome picz :D

i was making some holes for the fan(to go into the fan mesh) when i shaved off some of the coloring... what should i do???
    I got a hold of myself and brough out my spray paint and went to work. here is the result[not a very good pic].
    [​IMG]

ok that done and having drilled the holes in the mesh i was thinking about what to do next...

during this time i mainly prepared myself 4 the awesome partz to come.

I cut the plexi to size and sprayed the metal black::
    [​IMG]
    [plexi photo not here :waah: didnt take one :D]

ahh found one!
    [​IMG]

then i though about the mesh in the front(near cd drive) and i needed to make some grooves 4 it to slide in... here they are!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

Next i went about removing the front of my case which is totaly crap as the metal got so thin that it would not be able to hold on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with that out of my way i turned to getting the caution signage[1st part] done. after a quick break[and a trip to the shops for the yellow spray paint] i began wrapping the metal in masking tape[using a template thingy out of wood]
    [​IMG]

after that i began spraying;first sanding the area i wanted to spray; :D so far ive done around 7 coats!!! and it needs more[u can see the black][sort off]
    [​IMG]
    a pic with another coat just put on:[lookz good cause its night]
    [​IMG]

and finaly these are the pics of what materialz eg i have/am using atm[at the moment]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new image hosting still doesnt fully work...ill fix the pics tomoz

Hope u all like it.

KEEP ON MODDING lol!

5. tolis86

tolis86 What's a Dremel?

your idea is crazy! love it!!! :thumb:

6. El1m1nate

okay... i will have the pics updated soon... but i was busy...cough cough... today [playing gamez lol on this public holiday!]. And more pics will come soon.i spent most of the day and yesterday spraying layers onto the metal :D. u can probably see that its crooked... but i have to get a vice first otherwise ill never get a straight line.

ill do a bit[but still not much] tomorow and ill find my ******* camera!!! it went to walk te inviseble dog... lol.

i got skool tomorow so thats 8 hours wasted! !@#$

i saw the results of the poll lol 8 pplz voted. 2 polishes it is.

the polishing is just prelimenary stuff. i will go over everything @ the end.

another thing some of u modderz might like is that ill b doing some electronics.
    ie:
    LCD :D
    buttons/leds all controlled through computer. C source/compilation[for Linux] and .exe/C#,VB[HATE it though] or C[hard on windows] will b on my site soon... once i start making it :D

ty 4 reading and remember Image hosting can b crap!

7. El1m1nate

I found my camera!!!! lolz...

Ok whats next... the sprayed metal.. i removed the sticky tape with this result:
    [​IMG]
    its BAD so what i did was get my dremel and run over it with the plasticky type attachment to get rid of the sticky tape :D .. next i ran over it[i keep runing over things! lol] with sandpaper with the grain ie the movement of the yellow paint. Finaly i cut 2 peices of wood [to stop the black spray from geting on the yellow] and aligned them then sprayed... i have to do another 7 layers to get it nice but here it is after about 2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You may notice that its a bit crooked... but i dont have a vice to get a stright line 4 cutting hopefully ill have 1 tomrow.

Ill be adding custom watercooling soon, just a bit of info to keep u drooling.

And im going to work on the sliding/motorized mesh door.

Ty 4 reading

and 4 all your frineds... heres the direct link http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=130506

8. El1m1nate

Im back... just 4 a few notes :D. Some one in this thread [my internet is shaped so i rarley look @ the first page] said about some guy that made one hdd spin like the other one cause the window mod didnt work.

Baicly i did that. i searched on google for a IDE pinout and found a few, but i also found out the direction of travel 4 most pins... and i cut the ones that were transmitting from the mboard to the hdd; that means that the mboard has no communication with the second hdd. that hdd recives info that the mboard sends to the first hdd [they have to be on the same chaneel thingy ie both primary] and they turn both @ the same time!!! I tried this with a cd-rom drive [i dont have a (working) PATA hdd in the house!] and itwent ok... till it probably sent some message saying read this optically and the hdd would b like wtf????

soo i know theres no interferance all i have to do is test it lol...
    heres a pic of the cable
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ok the pinout is
    Pin
    3 cut
    4 cut
    5 cut
    6 cut
    7 cut
    8 cut
    9 cut
    10 cut
    11 cut
    12 cut
    13 cut
    14 cut
    15 cut
    16 cut
    17 cut
    18 cut
    27 cut
    31 cut

where ever cut is u have to cut that wire. dont forget to cut only the END wires after the first connector(or maybe its second...the first hdd connector) and ittl b all fine

and always remember modding isnt all about the money :D its about the FUN! lol :sigh: money 4 this mod is low but its been spent wiseley on LEDS!!! should b reciving them soon.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

thats a great idea do they have to be the same model hdd?

10. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

hmm, lets see the pics of the empty hd!

Nice job on everything on the mod, but id reccomend a fix up on the caution line, the edges between the yellow and the black are a little shady. Or you could re-do it :)

11. El1m1nate

yeah im going over and over and over it @ this weekend... i need to cut it first, so its straight and i dont have much time 4 that.. im working on project CoolDown as you know.

There will be an update on maybe Sunday where the mesh door will work!

12. El1m1nate

well sorry about the no-updates time... its realy hard though.
    the project is going down and down and i dont have enough time 4 it. ill do more during the holidays, but the parts are falling apart.

I cant sand the metal parts cause they come out crooked and im out of
    cutting disks.

might b getting my drill press soon, though.

so this project is suspended till about 31st of march.

and ty 4 ur support, ill b glad 4 any more ideas. mainly for the inside as i cant think of much!

13. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

And? Did you do more?

14. El1m1nate

yeah, ive done a bit more :D, u know that top cover??? will i screwed up the cutting. so i made the same thing out of mesh. i bought 100 uv leds :D cant wait to mount them

15. El1m1nate

BACK!!!

okay im back [probably] LOTS of skool :waah: so yeah as you saw, the yellow idea didnt work out... so i started thinking! [finally]. since i got those 100 uv leds im going to make a sort of matrix theme... with the chars and UV green paint, apply it to the case [which is all black] and sit back and relax.

Also im going to put in 2 mboards/computers 4 a server :D one with linux and one with windows, hooked up internally with a network and a switch. Also blended into the front will be a graphic lcd display :D.

Pictures this week [still spraying everything black]

glhf with ur mods everyone

btw heres a sneek preview of the new mod ill be making and posting [4 my next mod]:
    [​IMG]

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I like the vertical CD drive idea