1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe ECC Registered memory problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Jackel, 21 Apr 2007.

1. Jackel

Jackel Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

I sold 2gig of Kingston HyperX KRX3200AK2 ECC Registered to a guy who has the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard.

He says he has tried it in 2 pcs and gets errors(doesn't say what errors) and says he is certain the memory is faulty. The motherboard manual states that it can take ECC and Non-ECC up to PC3200(I checked the manual myself) but does not say Registered. After googling it seems the P4C800-E Deluxe is quite choosy about what memory works with it. The memory was brand new when I sold it and I have no reason to believe that it is faulty.

I'm waiting on Asus getting back to me if they ever do. Can anybody confirm ECC Registered will not work with this motherboard?

Thanks for taking the time to read

2. Computer Gremlin

Computer Gremlin What's a Dremel?

Checked Kingston's website and the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe is incompatible with the KRX3200AK2 memory.

3. Jackel

Jackel Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

Thanks mate, really appreciate that. I didn't realise Kingston had that facility on their website, should have checked. Thanks for your time.

Problem confirmed.

4. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

There is normally an option in the BIOS that needs to be enabled for ECC memory, there was on my old P4P800E Dlx mobo, the reason for this is that normally support for ECC memory is a hardware function but for cheaper mobos the BIOS emulates this hardware functionality.