1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft sells only 244 Vista copies in China

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 19 Apr 2007.

1. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

in third world coutries i believe that statement doesnt apply :( in the philippines though microsoft is going to sell to the GOVERNMENT ONLY.. thus canot be obtained by mere normal people.... a $3 version of windows vista starters edition as well as starters edition of microsoft office for $3 as well. Not much but that should help a lot in making sure installed software on schools etc without that much funding can get a legit software on their pc's without having to resort to piracy which is not helping anyone at all.

2. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

I wonder how many actually even got vista. pirated or not you would need to pay me to use that **** over xp. I would like to see what their sales rates for xp were and have been in china. In the end china is to smart to get ****ed by vista so they are simply kicking it with xp and a nice chink of free ram so they can actually run other programs.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Oh gosh, how many times does this have to be said RAM is there to be used

If there's a lot of spare RAM then the OS isn't using it properly leading to wasted money.

*nix based systems have been using 99% of RAM since birth.

4. quack

quack Minimodder

Exactly. The OS is supposed to use as much RAM as possible, that's how PCs can run quickly. If they don't use all the RAM they have to use more swap, which is a lot slower.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yep, heck Vista run perfectly smoothly, without disabling any feature on my:
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    with 512MB of RAM (~40-50% is being used)
    and a Geforce FX 5900
    Nforce 2 Mobo. (yes even with the XP driver hack)
    Games are slightly slower over XP, but you can clearly see it's a driver issue, as all my big time application like Photoshop, Flash, AVG, etc.. takes less time to load over XP.

Tags: Add Tags