1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KVM switch.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by roll1, 22 Apr 2007.

1. roll1

roll1 What's a Dremel?

Bought a replacement 4port kvm switch and two of the computers work ok on it as they did on the old one.The third computer is ok if you use the mouse but if I touch one button on the keyboard the computer freezes completely and I have to disconnect it to shut it down.Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem.The computer is running XP and nothing seems wrong with it apart from doing this.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Try putting the third PC to a different port. There may be a crossed wire, if it fails then it'll be a faulty KVM.

3. roll1

roll1 What's a Dremel?

Tried different port and still freezing.Put a working pc into other two ports and no problems so looks like some sort of fault in that one pc.Will check with kvm supplier to see if they can help.

4. roll1

roll1 What's a Dremel?

Hard to believe but Belkin are selling these kvm switches with the upgrade dip switches numbered the wrong way round.
    When you are flashing the mouse you are actually flashing the wrong information to the keyboard and when keyboard flashed it's actually the mouse your sending cr*p information about.
    No wonder nothing works.Belkin bloke thought it was quite amusing.