1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Analysts predict you won't get a Wii for 2 years

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

And Nintendo made more about $1.8Billion (thats with a B) last financial year in profit

The little kid in Japan finally woke up.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Doesn't really surprise - they're a great little console, but only really good if you've got plenty of mates to play it with. It's a communal console rather than something like a 360 where you play it (pretty much) alone.

An absolute must for uni students! Utterly unbeatable fun.

4. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Didn't realise at the time how lucky I was to get one on launch day back in December.

5. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

I havent played my wii in over a month, aint touched my psp n about 8 months. My360 gets played every day.... Wii is still quite hard to come by here....

6. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Why would people buy a 400$ xbox360 or 600$ ps3 when 90% of people still don't have a hdtv. I continue to be astounded at people wondering why they are not selling. Because they are complete overkill for the 90% of people that don't have the hdtv to go with it. Not to mention the fact that I do have an hdtv but chose wii based on the price-to-fun ratio. Hel, I hate sony but the ps2 is so dam cheap I am considering grabing one now, I mean it has a ton of good games for it.

Sure, I would like some 1080p gaming on my 1080p lcd, but I just can't justify the cost of the consoles, instead I'll put my money into a gaming rig which will have much more functionality for the cost as it will also be a total htpc with hddvd and bluray when drives are cheap enough.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The PS2 slimline is an awesome console, but don't forget - if you buy a spangly new rig now, it's obsolete in 2 years, the PS3/X360 has a longer life than that, and you'll be able to play EVERY game that comes out for years to come.

8. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

In my local town the are about 3 shops with Wii's in stock (even more with ps3's)
    Still not getting one though, i have a chronic lack of funds :(

9. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

my friend got one early on during the shortage and tbh all he had to do was go to a site which told him which sites had some in stock. wasnt hard he waited 4 days to find on thats it :)

10. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

are airports likely to have stock ? as not many people are likely to be able to buy one from there

going to ayia napa in 6 weeks, and hoping to snap one up with the old duty free :)

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

looks like a typo to me

well, I'll stick with playing PC games myself, but I wouldnt be surprised if the Wii keeps going strong here

12. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Its not that difficult to get a Wii if you really want one. just join the stock checking sites and you'll be able to order one in a day or two.

13. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

By the end of this summer, things will change in the gaming world. PS3 will have Playstation Home and more games coming out, 360 will have Halo 3 along with the Elite version already out along with GTA IV, PC's will have the new AMD/Ati DX10 video card lineup along with DX10 games such as Crysis and BioShock. Personally I think PC gaming is the way to go in terms of content, upgradability and performance. The Wii, to me, is a novelty console, and at $250 and $50 for extra Wii-motes it ain't cheap and sure the controller is fun, but (and I am saying this from the point of view of only playing the Wii 2 times) if you don't have enough friends to play this with, it really will just sit and accumulate dust. Secondly, why are the games still selling for $50? They resemble games on the N64!! I know I know the gameplay is what matters, but how hard is it to make a game look just a little bit better than it's counterpart? Anyways that's my 2 cents.....

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Our local Wal-mart and Meijer have always had them in stock. I've never understood this whole shortage thing.

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I don't either. I was in Wal-Mart last weekend; saw one sitting on the shelf. I didn't have the money for it but when I asked the manager said they had only recieved 2 that morning, and 1 had already been sold (It was about 2pm).

I can understand their strained supplies, and the fact that they could only get 2 out to a Wal-Mart in a relatively high populted area (Tampa, Florida) I imagine for the most part they truly are experiencing a shortage.

Oh and the PS3/Xbox 360 racks were empty. Not that it really means much given the Wii's strong sales, and this only in my area.

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Considering there is no confirmed date for 360 Elite in the UK yet I'm pissed off with Microsoft, there is confirmation on the 120GB but no date, but no actual info on the elite.

17. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Use your own drive?

18. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

the PS2 is still the best-selling home console. if the wii can pick up production, i'm sure it'll beat the PS2... but i doubt it'll fall behind the 360 or ps3 for a long, long time.

looks like the glory days of nintendo and the NES are back.

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the games for the wii are to expensive at the moment.

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

They're cheaper than 360 or PS3 games. Granted, a lot of the early ones are overpriced for what you're getting, but that's true with most consoles. Zelda was worth the price.

Tags: Add Tags