1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word 2007 Problems and crashing

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Neoki, 24 Apr 2007.

1. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Hello, Currently got Office 2007 pro and the word is crashing every time i close the program. This then makes word think its got lost documents and trys to recover them, causing the program to open again and it gets stuck in a loop.

Any Ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance
    Craig

2. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

Remove and reinstall, does the crash give any messages that might give a clue to the problem?

3. monkeybone

monkeybone What's a Dremel?

I have had this problem with word 2002 and 2003 and it is a problem with the normal.dot file (basic word template). If you search for that file on your main drive, then delete it, restart your system and it should correct the problem. If not, reinstall.

4. anduril

anduril What's a Dremel?

seriously dude who in their right mind uses microsoft office while u get better functionality of openoffice2.0 for free. Try downloading it, it has never let me down.

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

believe it or not some people use Office beyond the 'open it, type a letter, print it, close office' typical usage. for these people OO will simply never offer any kind of value.
    nobody likes OSS zealots, mate. we know it exists, we don't need it shoved down out throats, TYVM.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2007
  6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Because Office offers more functionality, and Office 2007 is the best damn version of Office (hell, of any office suite) ever.

7. anduril

anduril What's a Dremel?

'open it, type a letter, print it, close office'

Well that used to be it's purpose it actually got better since it first version.
    Sorry if i offended u.

and what function is there in office2007 that isn't in one form or the other in openoffice by now they are almost exact replicas except for the price then

and i don't like shoving things down someone's throat just trying to help

8. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

The fact that the client has asked for Microsoft Office 2007 pro, This is for a business which require access 07 as well.

9. cobmar

cobmar What's a Dremel?