1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Orange Monster, 26 July 2006; Wire routing blocks 16.3.2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Darkened, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Thanks for the tips on the cards guys.

Since I work in a store which sells computer parts, I can tell you that EVGA cards were black at one stage, but not anymore, they are back to green. As for Club3D, I'll have to check the situation.

Asus cards have also lately been green, but I'll keep up the hunt. Two other brands which I haven't checked yet are BGF and XFX, hopefully I can get my hands on a black card somehow :hehe:

Janne

2. elliod

elliod What's a Dremel?

man really nice pump you got there .the xfx crads have black pcp at least mine is really nice work man keep it up

3. ShadowWings

ShadowWings What's a Dremel?

Great work so far. Which type of Laing DDC pump do you have, there are many different types of this pump.

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Just bust out the extra dosh for the that Inno3D 8800GTX. :p You know you want to!

5. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

I see your choice to replace the Asetek was the same as mine. But you kicked it up a notch (way more than a notch!). Looks great! The whole mod is looking great! I haven't been posting much, but I'm definitely watching closely.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2007
  6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

wow this mod is one of the best i have seen on bit-tech, you have really got my creative juices going

hope you find that perfect GPU :thumb:

7. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

About the graphics cards, I have spoken to some people of Club3d and they explained to me why some 8800 cards are black, while others are green. Most manufacturers will have black cards pictured, but actually sell green ones. This is because most of the cards are green, and if a manufacturer want black cards, they have to order those separately. Because all manufacturers want to be on top of the market they all want to have the cards ASAP. Therefore they are going with green cards instead of black, simply because these are easier to come by. Or so I was told... personally I don't really see the problem.

8. RonaldoR9

RonaldoR9 What's a Dremel?

thats stupid if u advertise teh black pcb one woulidnt someone expect the same colored one as they adversied personally im not a fan of those pictures that are deceiving it really is a bummer when u expect something to fit in the scheme of a mod and its diffirent then imaged

hope they change soon to all blacks

9. Koradhil

I agree, but thats why they always say you cant take rights from the pictures.

10. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nice hardware! That DFI board realy suits to Monster! :p

11. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

nice hardware, a DFI board, I hope it's not just because of the colors? ;)
    and I recommend you to use the upper inlet, for better performance of the pump

12. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

@elliod

I really have to check out the XFX cards, though I was told that they are really hard to get here in Finland for some reason.

@ShadowWings

It's the basic DCC-1T model, not the plus-version.

@Duste

I'd really like to cough up the extra cash and go with 8800GTX and that just might be the situation if I don't get my hands on a black GTS card.

@dacust

I think this is the way to go, i was testing the pump out with 5m of hose attached to the inlet and it still was able to spray the water quite far. It isn't totally silent, but I think it'll do when installed to the case with some noise absorbers.

@The_Beast

It's always great to hear that you've inspired someone. Hopefully we'll see a project log made by you soon here at bit-tech.

@Koradhil

If the "manufacturers" actually made the cards themselves, there would be no problem, but since all they do is slap on a sticker and put it in a package of their own, I totally see why all or at least almost all cards are green. Just to clarify, don't you see a problem why there wouldn't be black cards or don't you see the problem I'm having with wanting a black pcb card?

@RonaldoR9

I totally agree, since black goes with everything :hehe: I think they could present at least a few different color options for people to use, for example, green, black, red and maybe blue and same goes with mobos and other add-on cards. This of course is utopia because it would add to the cost of the boards and since money talks and bulls*** walks, that's never going to happen :D

@Evenge and Marauder16

Well actually the DFI board was chosen because of the colors, but also because it's a solid board with good features and on top of that the place I work at imports DFI boards itself, so it'll be easy for me to order. But the truth be told, I could have gone with EVGA board or any other board for that matter, but since this has the unbeatable value for me with it's color scheme, I went with this board :hehe:

Oh and the upper inlet is already in use, I just took the pictures with the "original" setup.

Janne

13. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

Dude u r like a master to me, love the mod keep it up! :thumb:

14. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

Hihi avslöjad på fettet tror jag...Svensk eller?

Sorry for speaking Swedish. I really like that pump. This project is coming along just fine, I'm longing for the final result.

15. Koradhil

I see your point exactly, because I'm always having the same problem (hence the reason why I asked club3d). My #1 demand in hardware is the looks, so I want a gfx card to match the motherboard.

16. mario_cell

mario_cell What's a Dremel?

Hi guys
    Darkened wanted to see some pics of my mod. It looks like PilouXs famous case, but that was my first casemod. And i liked the design so much. :eek:
    So don't be too hard :blah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW: An awsome mod Janne. Thats the best LL-Mod on the world :eeek:

17. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Wow! Could you show a better view of the internals too?

Can't wait to see all this coming together, Dark. Hopefully it won't be too long until OM is done, because I want to see where Phantom Black goes too.

18. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Italiamodding.it interview...

Hey guys, I thought that I'd share with you this interview that Italiamodding.it did with me.

I'll save you all some time and link you straight to the interview translated in to english: Interview

There you go, go check it out and feel free to comment here.

I'd also like to thank Italiamodding.it staff, especially Rigormortem (who is making an impossible mod here at bit-tech :hehe:) and Redemptor. Thank you for this great opportunity once more.

Best regards

Janne aka. Darkened

19. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Why does OM look so dusty in that first pic?

It's nice interview. Even more so because it has a nice collection of pictures. The biggest downside of this kind of interview is that it makes me hungry for some more Monster!

20. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

@Javerh

I think it looks dusty because it was a bit dusty when I took the pic :hehe:

Also, it's a good thing you still have your appetite, since there's going to be an update today.

Darkened

Tags: