1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New Car Dilemma

Discussion in 'General' started by Orca, 30 Apr 2007.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I'm on a bit of a quest for my father. He's thinking of getting a new car after driving a 4x4 for the past decade. He also wants something sporty, like a 2 seater or a fast saloon.

Trouble is, he can't deal with manual. He's getting old now, and doesn't want to deal with a clutch anymore, but still wants something that at least goes a bit.

Now this has had me scratching my head very hard. The budget he gave me was about £30k. "Great!" I thought, the S2000, Evo, Impreza and 350Z popped into my head instantly, that is until I got shot down with no manuals :wallbash:

The best I can muster up is a BMW 3 series coupe... which isn't exactly that appealling to him either...

Any ideas? I'm convinced there must be something out there.

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Audi TT with the S-Tronic transmission means he gets all (most) of the fun of a manual car without having to deal with a clutch. 30k will get you the big 3.2 litre in basic spec or a 2.0 with all the toys.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Agree with AH on this - Audi's DSG gearbox is really fantastic, and a tricked out 2.0L TT is a lovely car (supposed to be a better day-to-day car than the V6), £30k will get you a lovely one with plenty of nice toys.

[edit] Had a look on the Audi configurator, the 2.0 TT coupé with plenty of toys and the red leather seats (an absolute must, they're really rather special) comes to ~£32k OTR, pretty good tbh. [/edit]

4. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Yep forgot to mention that I've heard too that the 2.0 is a better car. Seems like the perfect match for your old man to be honest. Don't forget to post some pics of whatever he does decide to get.

AH

5. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Argh I forgot to add one important point - the boot must be able to fit a golf bag :wallbash:

Will pass on the TT as a choice to him... no doubt in the showroom he is going to check the boot first lol. Keep the suggestions coming (if any left that is...) !

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The TT will definately fit a set of golf bats in the boot, twas a test on TG. :p

Realistically, the TT's about the only choice I can think of that has everything he needs, the magnetic suspension, sat-nav and red leather are a must though. :D

7. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

407 coupe V6 or go for the 406 coupe aka the Pugrarri

8. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

Why automatic?

I like the BMW 5 series.

[​IMG]

9. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

:read:
    The 5 series are quite nice (my dad has one) however I'd agree with everyone else and say for the TT.

10. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

£30k should get you an auto Z. One of my personal favorites, great car!

11. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Edit: Never mind... got my answer - automatic is for US and Japan only :sigh: However the TT is growing on me lol

Last edited: 1 May 2007
  12. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

he can order a mustang like pokey did. Set him back about 22k and it fits the bill. The trunk is big and it can seat 4. Not a bad car.

13. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Tags: