1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The boring state of gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by scq, 13 May 2007.

1. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

This isn't a rant, but more of a question. What game are you looking forward to (on PC)?

I ask because I go to dozens of websites to check out upcoming titles, and for me at least, aside from Crysis and HL2 Ep2 (with Portal and TF2), there's nothing really to look forward to.

I've been playing Company of Heroes, and starting to play CnC3, but I'd like a good solid shooter since I haven't played one of those for a long time. Last one I played was FEAR Extraction I believe.

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I've been looking forward to Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3 and HL2 ep.2. I've been keeping myself interested by playing CnC3. Battlefield 2 and 2142 are always fun fall backs. I've also been getting back into City of Heroes now that the Issue 9 free expansion is out. I think we're just in a lull right now with that long wait before all the big blockbusters hit.

3. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

hellgate london looks like it will be everything that diablo 2 was, and much more. all the big name fps' will be fun though

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Pretty much nothing at all. PC Gaming to my eyes has taken a total dive, it's all mostly FPS / RTS / MMO none of which really grab my attention any more. Also the super cheap prices of PS2 games, mean I can afford to pick up all the stuff I've missed first time round.

5. Boxcarhobo

Boxcarhobo What's a Dremel?

fallout 3

6. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Warhammer Online! Q1 2008 oh please, oh please.

7. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I'm constantly looking out for some good mods. However, even that has taking a dive in quality and new thinking. What ever happened to really awesome mods for good games?!

8. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Warhammer Online, Huxley, UT3, HL2: EP2, Crysis, And im sure I could find more if I looked at lists ;)

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Unreal Tournament III, Half Life Ep 2 (will get Ep 1 at the same time I reckon), and dare I say it Halo 2.

10. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

If you're looking for a good game with infinite replay value it has to be Garry's Mod. There's even a mod for it so you an build logic circuits and have your creations automated, and it works a treat. Only $9,95 from steam, but you have to have a source game. :) I hate this game for distracting me while I should be studying for exams :(

11. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

If you can get friends to join ya I recon MMORPG's have the best replayability (obviously) and interest me for the longest time aswell.

Neocron 2 (aging but is still one of the best I've played, shame about the bugs and of financial support :/ )

World of Warcraft I can't even believe I'm saying it. First time round I played was two years ago (as my account shows) I thought it got boring quick, but now I've played with my friends and got a grip of the game it really is very fun, PVP or not.

FPS wise I'm still waiting for Crysis obviously and UT which seem amazing graphics like Crysis but I've always trusted the UT game engine to render at very good frame rates, so we'll see...

12. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

crysis, medal of honor airborne, left4dead, call of duty 4,lost planet are on my to buy list and if only they would do gears of war for the pc then that would be me sorted.

13. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

QFT.

I'm considering applying for a job at Reakktor ;) Quite seriously.

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I can't wait for Alan Wake :D

15. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

ARMA 1.07 final patch :)

the whole fact that i can fire a maverick at your tank from 5km away rocks

16. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

Oh yes. Of course!

17. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Crysis :clap:

18. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i'm sorry, but aside from the extraordinary prettiness (which, yes, i am sorely tempted to buy a beastly machine for), what is being offered by crysis that we haven't seen gameplay wise in almost every other FPS out there?

it's quite possibly the most boring proposition at the moment, especially compared with some of the amazing stuff we're seeing on consoles.

okami (ps2) was incredible and something we'd never see on PC. crackdown (360) is riotous fun. and the new IP from lucasarts, fracture, looks set to be stunning.

sorry guys but the overwhelming drive to be technologically innovative, the 'bleeding edge or bust' ethos, is killing gameplay innovation. the real game action is happening on consoles :(

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Dozens of games this year. Bioshock and Fallout 3 have my interest mainly, as well as HL Ep 2 and Portal. I also have my eye on The Witcher and Dragon Age for the more long term.

Fracture looks fairly rudimentary but the new Indy game from lucasart has my attention and if Tomb Raider Anniversary can be half as good as Legend then i'll spend a week or two on that as well.

20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i dunno joe, the writeup for it in EDGE this month makes it sound really cool :D
    the new splinter cell looks really promising too.

bioshock is looking good, yeah, and that hydrophobia should end up being pretty decent, but again, hydrophobia is essentially an advert for their fluid dynamics engine (even though i admit it should result in some interesting gameplay), and bioshock, well... no actually i have no argument against bioshock. it looks amazing.

Tags: