1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Best colour ever! :rock:

2. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

The brunette or the car? :lol:

3. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I'm really thinking of getting my car painted flat/matte black. That and all the chrome on my car would look good IMO. If I don't, I'm going original color then. But I'm really leaning towards matte black. :rock:

Washed my car yesterday, got some new pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

[​IMG]
    Old and New.

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Did you buy that just for the plate kenco :D

6. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

My mini with new alloys:
    [​IMG]

soon to be re-painted...the same colour.

sui_winbolo: matte black is awesome (also known as satin, which is what i have got) its an arse if you like to wax your car and make it look that way, and when you wash it you have to wash the suds off straight after youve done some rubbin', ive found washing them all off at the end doesnt work it leaves streak marks down the body! Oh and its like physically attacted to dirt, almost impossible to keep clean. But the best thing which sells it for me, is if you scratch it, just sand up the area, mask off anything near it you dont want black, and spray it yourself. The paints cheap as and as ive shown so is repairing scratches. You wont be crying over your super shiny paintjob if you scratched it.
    Oh and if you come to sell it, put some laquer on top and it comes out shiny, so then you have a jet black car to sell :D

7. Lemmingzappa

Lemmingzappa What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

there's my 998 beast :)

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2006 Mustang GT Premium

9. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

ah I see you've found the TopGearTM filter

10. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I was thinking JUST the same thing... half grey fade...

11. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

That engine bay is a disgrace to the mustang. worst part about it imo. It needs some gigantic filter sitting on the top and lots of blingy bits :D

I like the car though.

I need to get mine to a more 'finished' state before i get any pics up. needs hte bumpers painting and some scratches removed.

12. Lemmingzappa

Lemmingzappa What's a Dremel?

Pookeyhead how did you do that topgear style effect ?

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'm guessing Photomatrix or similar.

14. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Satin and matt are too diffrent things all togther a satin still has a slight shine its halfway between gloss and matt (dear god ive worked at B&Q too long).

15. kenco_uk

Hehe, I thought someone would say that :D

btw, if you look close, there's a split in the front bumper just above the number plate, I'm assuming it's supposed to be like that. I keep trying to remind myself to have a look at a similar Scenic to see if it's the same.

I had to lower the aerial a bit as going round Queensgate multistorey carpark in Peterborough ended up with it twanging off the ceiling :jawdrop:

It's a so much nicer drive than the old Scenic it's not true.

Pookeyhead - that Mustang looks jawsum, just a pity it doesn't like corners :D

16. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

the spilt in the front bumper just above the numebr is ment to there, my dads last senic (mk1) used to leak in though the arial mount from damged caused by going into multistories. That and the old one had a taste for gearboxes. Now weve got the mk1 facelift, Is that the Dynamique trim spec by anychance what we've got now lovely to be in, Havnt driven it yet and proberly never will my dad such a tight ass.

Last edited: 16 May 2007
  17. customh

customh conflagration.

You've got to be bs'n, I am a chevy guy and wouldn't ever buy a mustang, but that engine bay is DAMN beautiful!!

18. kenco_uk

It's called Fidji, which basically means Dynamique, but with some orange bits :)

What you can't see on that pic is the rust on the old white Scenic, the wheel arches were affected and the wheel hub covers (apart from one wheel, strangely) were shot to hell, with the paint flaking off. I'm glad to have got rid of it - it was a workhorse, but by god did it cause some grief (leaky sunroof, alarm, cambelt, front spring, rear shock, crap paint, seized brakes, crap exhaust).

The new one's lovely though. Less lolling round corners, it feels er.. 'grippier'. Gear changes are more positive, the trim is more tactile, the lights are far better and it looks the part. I feel more in control of the car :)

19. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

icant say i drove the old one but there is much less body roll. My dads old senic had it CAT go within 3mounths of geting it, which reg vardy took 3 goes to sort out(first time they wegded the wrong one in) and the exhaust was never the same again couldnt stop it from blowing out, then the gearbox went then it went again so my dad exchanged it for a brand new one which now has a darft miliage considering its age we tend to buy new/newish cars then run into the ground like our old astra.

20. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Sep 2007