1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 May 2007.

1. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

true - but when you go out and buy an x-fi for £150 or something, why do you go out and buy a £60 pair of speakers ... it baffles me

a good amp (2.0) is gonna set you back like £50 and a 5.1 about £140 (prices pulled off richer sounds) and then however many speakers

why cheap out on it ....

2. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

and you would also be spending atleast $500 for a DECENT multichannel amp and a few hundred more on decent speakers....

for the 2.0 desktop computer speakers they are, they are quality sound, ive sold a ot of people on them. but there is a set of bose 2.0 speakers around the same price that are probably worth just a bit more, the midrange on bose usually pushes me away but the 2.0 set isnt too bad for what they are. they are just a tint bit bigger than the creatives.

3. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

you guys and your single digit systems, its all about the 12.3 baby! :rock:

[​IMG]

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

And a 14" screen?

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

:hehe:

6. RTT

RTT #parp

That is all kinds of wrong.

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Supreme example of going for quantinty over quality! :rolleyes:

Not sure I agree with the comments about the "thumping bass", I played with these for around a week or so and while they sound great for £55, they still sound their size (imo). When I decided they wouldn't cut the mustard, went for some Tannoy Reveal active monitors (6D) which are simply phenomenal compared to these (not really fair to compare to these though, and thats not why im faulting the T20s, as they're not exactly in the same price bracket)

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

They are easily on par with my M-audio Studio pro 3's.

I wouldn't give that much credit to the x-fi. It's not that good of a card.

9. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Burn!

10. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I've had my eyes set on a pair of T20 for quite some time now. I think I'm buying them next time I order some PC-parts.. I don't have the space required for a 2.1 (or more) setup, and, as somebody here also has mentioned, I use headphones so that my wife and kid won't be annoyed..

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

That ain't 12.3 :( It's 5.1 with numerous speakers on each channel.. I haven't yet decided if it's more funny or fool.

And I guess that after all they're just great value PC-speakers, no need to compare them to anything else.

And congrats Misted Tad, those are pretty damn nice speakers :)

13. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

if your gonna put rubbish speakers on the end, why not just go with on board (one of the decent on board solutions though, not the ones that pick up EMI and buzz or w/e)

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Two of them, Doug. Clearly that makes it a 28" screen.

15. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

It's not even that, it's 4.1 with three speakers on each channel, so it's probably just very loud, and possible a little echoey. :)

16. loratio

loratio What's a Dremel?

Agreed.
    X-fi is all about high spec gaming riggin' for teenagers. Creative are yet to produce a credible Hi-Fi card.

Onboard audio isn't always that bad when all you want is desktop speakers attached.

When I want to really listen to music I play it on my Hi-fi using optical out from my media pc and let my amp do the D/A conversion as it does this real well.

If you only have one set of speakers in your home... don't go for T20 or onboard audio for that matter... Get a real pair of stereo speakers, a decent stereo amp w. optical in plus good D/A-conversion and an average sound card with optical out (perhaps even onboard).
    The reason you don't need a $100+ sound card is the optical. Going optical from PC to Amp rids a great deal of electric interference and wins you a lot more than spending your money on the expensive sound card instead of the amp and speakers IMHO.

[RANT] And dont' get the X-fi unless you're going to primarily just toddle around with echo, distortion and other superfluous effects :p [/RANT]

17. Mister_Tad

Creative produce some of the best hi-fi cards out there in their E-Mu range
    X-Fi and audigy are primarily aimed at gaming

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Creative only bought out E-mu. E-mu was putting out quality products long before creative bought them.

19. Mister_Tad

This is true, never the less, e-mu is now part of creative, therefore creative produce some of the best hi-fi cards out there

20. Monkey2

Monkey2 What's a Dremel?

Anyone know if it would be possible to hook up 2 sets of these speakers for a 4.0 surround sound setup, ie. 1 set for the front left/right, the other set for the rear left/right?

Then you'd also only need a single cable connecting the rear set to your computer. Any reason why that wouldn't work?

Tags: Add Tags