1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project King Kong- Silverstone TJ07 mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ianho, 1 Apr 2007.

1. ianho

ianho Silverstone Modder

LOL! Yeah it was the acrylic with paper still on to prevent scratches. I'll be reworking that piece soon. I'll use brushed aluminum this time.

2. Mr.Anki

Mr.Anki What's a Dremel?

Verry nice casemod! :D

3. ianho

ianho Silverstone Modder

Here u go Evenge. Completed workstation as it looks now.

[​IMG]

I've been wanting to post up the rest of the pix but havent been able to access Photobucket for sum reason. Will post them all up once I get into Photobucket.

4. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

v1200 under the table. I like it.

5. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Thanks! Looks cool! :cooldude:

6. -equilerex-

-equilerex- What's a Dremel?

nice lcd :eeek: not even going to mention the dr.evil's chair :blah:

7. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

i think some really sleak speakers are inorder next cos that would just complete the look i reckon!
    nice set up and i am very jealous

8. ianho

ianho Silverstone Modder

Aaaahh. It's good to be back. I can access my Photobucket again after a few weeks of probs. My local ISP's been giving me hell when I try to access certain US websites. :sigh:

Anyway here's the rest of the pics I have for now.

DVD tray open shot.

[​IMG]

Blue LED front button mod. Gave the button a nice blue glow. Here u go Koradhil, this is the thing u were asking me about. It's a blue LED I put behind the switch.

[​IMG]

Clean look bottom compartment. Where'd all those loooooooooooooooong wires from the OP1000 go?

[​IMG]

Here's how the front 2x120mm fan intake mod looks like from the inside. I will be making some changes to this part later.

[​IMG]

King Kong sitting snugly in his new home together with his gal. :D

[​IMG]

Top 3/4 view of it sitting at home at the new workstation.

[​IMG]

That's it. That's all the pix I haf for the work done on King Kong so far. Next update will be after I get my new Silverstone project with the new SG03 case
    up n running. I can then get down to working on King Kong again. Oh yeah. I'll be sure to use 640x480 pix on all the new pix. No more 800x600 so as to abide by bit-tech's rules.

9. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

Very nice, i love the case !

10. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Looks great, nice work on the cables too.
    I was just wondering, isn't there a lot of heat catching up underneath the top window? I have removed the fans there myself but I've noticed they are actually quite important to the airflow, especially because the north & southbridge are just below the grill and they are passively cooled on my motherboard.

11. Mr. Oizo

Mr. Oizo That yellow furry animal-thingy

Looks really neat!

And plans further?

12. Da3DaLuZ

Da3DaLuZ What's a Dremel?

So simple, yet so good looking. Very nice!

13. fri2219

fri2219 What's a Dremel?

Very tasteful, thanks for sharing your work

I've just started reading modding forums- one thing that's struck me in the last month or two of lurking is that the people doing them frequently have excellent fabrication skills, but don't know what to do with them. While what looks good is a matter of personal taste, I'm impressed with your design and fabrication ability.

Last edited: 29 May 2007
  14. 12modderz

12modderz L33T еÐ3!

Simple and Clean. Really nice, lt all seems to blend in so well. Nice Chair :)D)

15. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

All looks good! The tiny little emblems for the indicator lights are nice. Keeps it clean.

16. ianho

ianho Silverstone Modder

Thanks for the compliments guys. Glad u all like it. I had to make this mod clean n simple with the very highest attention to detail coz the local Silverstone distributor needs it for the local fairs n all to show off the quality of the cases. I cudn do anything really wild with it. I also made the snowflake window to highlight the Silverstone brand.

@Koradhil, I dont haf any probs with heat under the top window. There's lotsa holes on the back panel beside the graphics cards. My case has more intake than exhaust n the positive pressure pushes the heat right out the back panel. I can feel the heat coming out the back when I put my hand near the holes. My mobo is running on heatpipes too. No probs with NB n SB temps. Temps shudn b a prob at all seeing as I haf 2x 8800GTX n a highly clocked X2 in there n haf no probs.

17. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Indeed the positive pressure takes care of the heat I guess. Right now I have the sidepanel and no intake fans so there's hardly any airflow. Also your GPUs have better coolers than my X1800 which doesn't have air exhaust at the back. I think in the end airflow will be fine with 3x 120mm intake.

18. vetlel

vetlel What's a Dremel?

Maybe because that is how they come standard????

Sorry, I guess i am missing something here. To me he changed a bit of mesh to a window, made a window ( i'll give him that) and added some fans?

Hardly worth all the praise it gets here...

mind, I like it. But still...

19. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

but you got to give him the credit at how tidy it was. plus, not all mods have to be major overhauls do they?

i dont' think so atleast. as small they may be, its better then nothing.

20. vetlel

vetlel What's a Dremel?

True, I like things that look like what they are. I am far more for mods like this, than say, a beaver with new innards ;) As it looks now is what silverstone should think about. Maybe incorporate some of the things in the extras you can buy for this case.

But getting credit for parts of the original design? I mean, at least look at the pictures/read the thread.

Tags: