1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone will be an AT&T exclusive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 23 May 2007.

1. leonardob80

leonardob80 What's a Dremel?

i had the presentation video for the iphone in san francisco... isn't steve said that is was a combinated work with congullar for certain phone services.

2. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

For anything Microsoft, it's a bug or a negative aspect. For Apple, its a feature that people are willing to pay for. Marketing anyone?

3. Blake

Blake What's a Dremel?

The iPhone looks fantastic on the surface but it really apple is really nerfing the hell out of it.

To begin with no 3g network, for something with such a fantastic built in browser this is silly.

The hard-drive is still too small to replace a decent sized music collection - this doesn't even cover videos, it needs to be at least 20 gigs.

Someone mentioned that Apple wont let you use your own programs on it. As soon as I heard wifi I wanted to stick Skype on it but to no avail for me.

This is more of a problem with all PDA's but I wont be able to survive on it's lack of battery life.

The camera (from memory this one) is really average and I don't think it has a flash. If it's a convergence device it should do these things well.

I think it's a decent piece of kit, but it just could of been so much more.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

"Problems like brand-locking are more of a US/Japan tactic"

Well no. Phones usuelly show the band of the (first) provider in the display, even when the SIM-card is changed.
    Ther usually is no option of removing this (except with non providor or non manufacturer software...so not without busting warranty)

Locking is usual...though not for contracts that go over a year (two year contracts are the norm).
    Locking is used widely in prepaid-phones e.g. in phones that do not come with a contract.

Cheers,

Xir

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That doesn't apply over here Xir, the operator logo isn't generally stored on the phone. :)

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Yeah it is, only on some first generation products it isn't.

My new U600 has O2 as a start up logo, my old W810i had it aswell

7. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Exactly, how is it that people (just like what happened with the iPod mind) are too stupid to realise that THERE ARE OTHER PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET WHICH ARE CHEAPER AND BETTER. Dammit I just want to shout that from the top of a mountain.

Umm... my phone does that and it's so old that the front Fascia has received a large amount of wear to the point at which most of the paint on the logo has come off.

I don't think that unlocking will be much of a problem, I got my last phone unlocked for a tenner.

At the end of the day, if anyone is willing to spend $600 WITH A CONTRACT on that piece of junk they really need a slap.

8. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

So, it took me a month to get one, but it was worth the wait. Everything is great about it. The iPhone really will change the industry.

(Posted from my iPhone.)

Tags: Add Tags