1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress purple-haze (as named by ediejo!!) update 5/11/2007 watercooling parts!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by x06jsp, 29 May 2007.

1. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

no drilling 3.2 and usin 3.2 cause the rivet gets wider thats how it seals it :thumb:

2. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

okay i see i see then. hmmm do you know the length of your rivets? just the rivet, not that long stickin out thing ;)

3. widmod

widmod Minimodder

do we see any UPDATES soon or is this a personal diskussion thread for you two?

4. x06jsp

ummmm no idea its short i will find out the length for ya tomorrow cus im off out soon

5. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

a personal discussion? hmmm doesn't seem personal to me. in fact its on a public forum. and if you can be bothered looking at the previous pages, he has in fact been working on it but stumbled upon problems. hence updates have been delayed after the other.

6. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

9 pages. That’s to much for 3 updates. Please chat on msn, logs should only be updates and peoples opinion about the work. Not all this chat. I've read threw it all, and I really only find 10% of the talking interesting. But hey, I can't decide what you want to do with your log :)

7. rynoman

rynoman What's a Dremel?

There is a reason that its called project logs and not the chat room.
    use pm's to discuss things.

8. x06jsp

hey guys sorry there was going to be an update but it went wrong so its not going to be untill tomorrow and as for personal chat i dont think that fungry finding out info about how to do his mod is that personal. but o well anyway tune in tomorrow for the update. :thumb:

9. x06jsp

ok people update in a few mins!

10. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Cant wait

11. x06jsp

could be a while ive got 18 photos to load onto photobucket! its only a small update though!

12. x06jsp

well people i know its been a while with no update but i managed to get some time today to mod!!!

its not much and its not the hdd cage that i was hoping to show you as i didnt get round to building that!

right firstly materials!!!

a nice big 2'x4'x1.2mm piece of aluminium
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a 1mx0.6mx0.3mm piece of perspex [​IMG] [​IMG]

and finally a tiny matx case courtesy of jonbda. (not quite wat i was expecting on the inside but you will find out about that shortly!!) [​IMG] [​IMG]

i started to drill out the rivets that where holding the side panel on and the i/o+pci panel. [​IMG]

unfortunately this case did not have a mobo tray!!! just a couple of bars with standoffs mounted in them sooooo thats what i will do for my mobo 'tray'
    but it did have the i/o+pci panel which is hand so i dont have to fabricate that!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i then took a strip of aluminium [​IMG]
    and mounted it on the side of the case near the overlap so that the panel could be mounted. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i then used araldite to hold it in place and i will use nic big rivets to mount it to the sheet metal on the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

c+c welcome as usuall i am hoping to get some more done next week so tune in!!

josh/gingermonkey

13. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

looking good

14. x06jsp

thank you! :thumb:

15. x06jsp

well people all of the presents from my gf have been bought so in 10 days i will be modding like crazy!!! and i will have another update next week for you!

16. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Taking shape duder ! :thumb:

17. x06jsp

thanks Colossous!

18. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

hey man! looking good there. good to hear your gf bought those presents! damn! that must be pretty good :D.

anyways, i've been contemplating. i found a contact through a friend of mine, he might be able to get me the rtx [rotary tool from black and decker]. hopefully will get a confirmation by the end of this week. if not... then i may have to go down the power drill + jigsaw route.

having said that! there might be a chance i will be changing keyboards woot, to the Logitech diNovo Edge. hella expensive if you ask me!

19. x06jsp

i would say go for the rotary tool but it wont be able to do quite as full on jobs as the jigsaw and drill!

anyways thanks!

20. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Where did you get the 2'x4' alu from?