1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Antec Nine Hundred modding ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by imabie06, 4 Jun 2007.

1. imabie06

imabie06 What's a Dremel?

I have an Antec Nine Hundred case that I want to mod. I am a modding N0Oby so I was hoping to get some possible ideas from you guys out there. I have a red Fatal1ty mobo, with a green zalman 9700 cooler and some blue and red 120mm fans. I was hoping to do something possibly counterstrike or HL2 themed cuz those are the games I play.
    For a color scheme I was thinking either
    red-green
    green-gold
    red-gold
    Are these good choices?

Thanks for any ideas! :D

Last edited: 4 Jun 2007
  2. saltynay

saltynay What's a Dremel?

mount a lcd in the top, change the triangular plexi to a different colour a two tone window :). I don't really like the antec 900 I don't get very inspired by it everyone has one now just sit and look for a while and let your imagination wonder keep some form of notpad close by incase any ideas just come to you

3. fri2219

fri2219 What's a Dremel?

More of everything!

:hip:Put on a ton of blinking lights- more lights!
    :hip:Add a bunch of inane water cooling hardware- more tubes!
    :hip:Cut random holes in your side panels and tell everyone they're runes
    :hip:Add 27 more fans and a bunch of tasteless 3.5 inch panel controllers- more noise!
    :hip:Whip up 5 metric tons of automobile body putty, mold it into a likeness of the skull of the last King of Albania, and encase the rear 1/2 of the case in it- more King Zog!
    :hip:Paint flames on it- more Freudian analogies!

When you're done, post exactly 66 6 megapixel, subject-out-of-frame, blurry camera phone photos with correspondingly irrelevant comments to four or five modding forums as well as a youtube video with atrociously derivative metal music for a soundtrack.

More of everything! Forget color schemes. The more colors you have stuck within a small space, the better it looks. :rolleyes:

Last edited: 4 Jun 2007
  4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Go at it with a hammer, imo. Anything would make the Nine Hundred look better than it already is.

5. Jomanscool2

Jomanscool2 What's a Dremel?

Why so negative? The guy likes the case, give him a break. I personally am sllloowwwly doing a mod in one (but thats only because I got it for $60 new lol). While I am not painting it, I am planning on doing stuff like touch buttons on the top, making a full window with etching, making acrylic fan grills, tricking it out with red, keeping everything in the front behind the stock grills, etc.

You can do a fair amount of stuff with this case. While it is no stacker of modder cases (not even close), I don't see why people hate this case as just a case.

6. Duste

If he liked it THAT much he wouldn't mod it. ;)

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Actually... I like that idea. add a facade of badly beaten panels to it.
    Then paint the rest like it's made of human skin.

METAL POTATO!

8. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

What camera phone have you got thats 6megapixels?

;)

dragon2309

9. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I will be watching this thread, any more nonsense and being stupidly negative I will not hesitate to suspend someone. This guy is asking for advice and in this forum we expect advice to be given.

If you don't like the case, create some ideas to make the case appeal to you.

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I've acctually never seen one with water cooling inside.
    I'd like to know how that masive fan performs with a radiator under it.

Color change?
    I'd go for dark metalic blue, You could follow that on with blue cable braid. and blue water dye/fesser1. But with maybe white lights.
    I think that would look pretty swish. :thumb:

11. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

yea, you should put in watercooling and a color change. You can put a heatercore under the big fan on top and radiatiors in the front.

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Paint the chassis rust-red, an allusion to the planet Mars. You can keep the blue LED fans, but the rust color can be combined with some off-brown patches (craters/valleys on the surface) and add some frosty white at the top and bottom (polar regions) for some convincing results!

Actually, I'm going to do it too :dremel:

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude, but I DO like the idea of the outside looking like a demolition derby victim.
    I had a friend who drove a '70s toyota. It had been wrecked and rolled, so he hammered it all out and painted the Kool-Aid man on it. It was hideous, but that car made every day a parade! It ended up getting stolen and wrecked in a high-speed police chase.

METAL POTATO!!

14. Jomanscool2

Lol, yeah not too many water cool that case. Not too much room inside it except up front (and then where do you put the hard drives?). What I would REALLY like to see is somone totally hack it so the motherboard is at the bottom of the case with a large heatercore at the top, because otherwise it interferes with the motherboard. Then throw the PSU up front by the heatercore and you have a crazy hack job case lol.

However, reasonably, and since the OP said he's a mod nub, I would just stick with things like front watercooling and extreme cable management. And personally, I like the red gold idea. reminds me of royalty. Make the outside a darkish red, so it doesn't look like a ferrarri red, then paint the inside a dark gold, and maybe some of the trim gold on the outside too.

Oh, and get some red tubing and sleeve :D

But if you really want to make me happy, get rid of that window in the case and put in a full acrylic one. I hate that whole triangle thing (and is why I am replacing it in mine :D)

15. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

wtf theres a 300mm fan on the top isn't there?
    put a rad there!

16. imabie06

Jomans, glad you like the red/gold idea, because that is what I was wanting to go with. I like the idea of dark red on the outside, gold on the inside. The only problem is that I have a fatal1ty mobo with all red lights, and a green zalman cooler, so this could mess up colors. Is there a way to change the color of the zalman fan, or just to remove the leds? I was thinking to work with the red mobo, maybe gold on the outside and red interior?

Or, if I'm going to do watercooling, ditch the Zalman and get a water cooled cpu block? I think this would work, an hopefully would help with the colors, because too many colors looks like crap.
    Definately red/gold braiding, and the water cooling sure sound enticing.
    As for the side window, one of the first things I am doing is replacing it with AC Ryan Acrylpanel, not sure what color, but I agree the triangle is hideous.

Thanks for the feedback!

17. Jomanscool2

200MM, IIRC. And the motherboard comes up withing about 1/2" of the fan IIRC.

18. Jomanscool2

Im gunna book mark this, wanna see where you take it. If I were you, I'd water-cool it just for looks. But if you want to do it for cheaper, you could either take out the fan and disconnect the LEDs, or get a different CPU cooler.

19. imabie06

Does anybody know a safe way for me to remove the green leds from my zalman cnps 9500? I just bought this cooler a few weeks ago and although I plan to go watercooled, I just dont have the money atm. Is there a way I can disable the leds, at the very least? I DO NOT want to break the thing by the way.

20. Duste

I'd be interested in knowing this as well; I may get one, but the green LEDs just don't fit the rest of my case. :(