1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MSI gaming laptops with overclocking

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

/me blinks
    I haven't seen a Turbo button since Socket 7.

Granted, do I have to join Computer-enthusiast's Anonymous before I can own up to still having one or two of those old boxen?

3. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

The turbo button should be named the power drain button :D thats what it's going to do if you'er not pluged into the outlet :D

4. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

yup thats not something i expected to see again

5. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Wow, as you say, the last time I had a turbo button my PC was bigger than I was at the time!! (I was only 8yrs old, and it was 1996...)

I wonder if you get a popup message warnign you not to have it on your lap 'cause it must turn into an oven!!!

Still, a 20% CPU and Memory overclock is not to be sniffed at!

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

After the poor build quality of my Acer laptop, I'm wary of anything that is overly and obviously 'plastic'...

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

OMGFUGLY
    Your too polite, I think we can all agree it looks discusting :p

Bring back the turbo button, they were awsome! :D

8. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I really like the tribal stuff :thumb: ..however, a 'gaming laptop' will probably never be something I'd buy. The price of high-end laptops combined with the un-upgradability (is that even a word?) don't make them an attractive purchase for me.

9. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

Would there really be a need for a battery in that laptop :confused: you know that you would get no battery time if that thing is in turbo so just put another hard drive in its place :blah:

10. John - MSI

John - MSI MSI Computer

Nice to hear your comments.... I think in the UK we also agree with a few of them :wallbash: We will help feedback these comments to our head office so keep them coming :thumb:

Just to clear up a few things:

Lets be honest, a gaming notebook is not designed to be used as an away from power PC, turbo button or no turbo button! In fact I think 99% of dedicated VGA in notebooks will actually drop the clock speeds when no AC is used... hence no power is not an option. The advantage is a laptop you can use anywhere (with battery), and move to your friends / LAN to game (with AC) easily... and for that it should come up trumps :rock:

Athough the MSI laptops may look like plastic, they are actually Magnesium-Alloy which have the appearance of plastic once coated due to being so light weight, but in actually fact the strength is far superiour to plastic :idea:

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The Turbo button doesn't work when you're not plugged in anyway :)

John, I hope the notebooks we saw were demonstration only because they looked and felt very plastic :/ An Mg-alloy finish would be far far superior!

Tags: Add Tags