1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: 10th Apology Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Hollinshead, 10 Nov 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollinshead

Hollinshead What's a Dremel?

I feel Koolvin owes an apology to all the bit-tech readers for that insane stunt he pulled last night.

Not only did you scare the **** out of everyone but you also managed to keep your staff in the dark.

I also feel you need to hear the story about the boy who cried wolf.

Suffice to say I ain't talking to you till you appologise on here in public, not just in the private bit to the staff.

2. Faulky

Faulky What's a Dremel?

yer.......theres an apology in the mods forum but we cant get that :) - come on at least say sorry!

3. firewars

firewars What's a Dremel?

Well I don't think he has to apologize at all but the action was VERY confusing and brought up many things that were useless after all...

4. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

i still cant believe you all fell for it, wheres all your faith in bit tech, and you should kno what koolvins sense of humour is like by now

5. firewars

firewars What's a Dremel?

But since there actually ARE companies that are called Bit-Tech or Bit-Technologies it could have been the truth.

6. Hollinshead

Hollinshead What's a Dremel?

It could be cos bit has had problems in the past, such as hosting etc, plus I had faith in KV, not that I do anymore.

7. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

god, people have to lighten up a little, i know it was a lil dodgy, but people shouldnt hold it against Koolvin, i dont, he prob thought it was funny at the time. Everybody has done something they thought was funny at the time, and later found out it was a bit shitty to a few people.

He dont owe us an apology, after all he provides us all with this site (along with the rest of the bit team), and spends hell of a lot of time on it too.

8. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

i think it was really funny, and i think u should all be thanking koolvin for doing shuch a brilliant job on the new forums

9. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

We apologised to the mods who should have been told about our actions, however I (read *I* as this post is under my own steam) do not feel we need to apologise for anything.

As I stated to you Hollinshead, we performed what is known in Marketing circles as a Publicity Stunt. You see it all the time in the media.. The purpose, to arouse interest and get people wondering what we're up to. Of course we mislead you, that was the whole idea..

It's refreshing that you have such a healthy interest in BiT enough not to talk to us and I'm sorry for you if you felt offended by our actions, however I will not apologise on behalf of BiT-Tech to you or anyone for it.

Most people have taken it as the light-hearted bit of fun that it was..

10. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

also, one thing i have noticed is that its the newer people to bit that have took it badly, havent got used to koolvins scence of humor yet.

11. kanes

kanes What's a Dremel?

i ain't too happy about it at all but then again i will still come to the site occasionally. But i reckon the stunt did annoy quite a few ppl who may now not visit the site.

12. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

I dont beleive some people, its anoyed you that much, that you will forfit going and looking around the best site of its type ?, this is half the problem with the world today, people are too uptight.

13. :: Dugy ::

:: Dugy :: Turkey

he has one ? ;) j/k KV :)

14. Dremel_Freak

Dremel_Freak What's a Dremel?

What actually happened on the 10th - erm ... nuthin'! I see there's a count-down on the main page now - what will happen when that hits zero - another major anti-climax?

15. :: kna ::

What's your problem Dremel_Freak..? If you want to just keep coming on here and posting trouble making comments then instead you can mail me with your concerns and I'll try to address them.

Maybe you'd like me to come over to your new forums when you get them and slag them off? Obviously that's not the sort of thing I'd do as I assumed we'd both be over 14 years old, but with that kind of childish posting you do make me think otherwise.

Again, if there is a reason for this, let me know otherwise please refrain from slagging us off on our own boards.

16. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

i must say if i had actually remember that something was happening on the 10th i would probably have been more peturbed than i was, mainly because bit-tech is (was?) a very good site that i enjoyed visiting regularily :D

i hope its just as good as before after that timer counts down ( or better :D)

but until we find out i'll just presume your opening a shop or something as a way of paying for the site, if that is the case you have a very difficult job of making the site just as good as before ;)

neway i think Koolvin doesn't really need to apologise, but must have given some ppl a heart attack by now becasue they thought bit was closing LOL, take that as a complement.

Bit-tech 0wnz ffs
    :cool:

17. Dremel_Freak

Dremel_Freak What's a Dremel?

I'm just wondering what all the hoo-haa is about, such a big build up for nothing to happen is somewhat frustrating, I'm not alone in those thoughts. There's no slagging going on at all so why have a go at me when there are plenty of others sharing the same thoughts and bewilderment - the answers are at your feet.

Everyone was waiting with anticipated breath for the 10th and nothing happened - for you to start on about trouble-making, slagging and childish posts is somewhat exaggerated and un-founded. Cool off dood!

18. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

urgh why are ppl gettin so annoyed it was a joke! anyone who has read any bit articles or posted here should know koolvin has a great sense of humor! get over it & stop moaning!!!!!!!

19. :: kna ::

Everyone's wondering what the Hoo-hah is about, that's the idea.. we've put up a teaser trailer whilst we finalise what we're doing and there's a countdown timer to the live date. I'd like to think we're keeping the interest level high.

In all fairness you put up plenty of 'coming soon' and 'watch out for' posts on your site, you've even got one up there now.

I fail to see how it's an anti-climax when we haven't actually done what we were planning to do yet. The exaggeration as you put it is only there because I just don't see the point in posting demoralising comments like that.. whilst we expect little sympathy for working hard in the background, when you're trying to pull out all the stops for your viewers, those sort of things do make you wonder why you bother.

20. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

/me fluffles bit-tech

more, better, faster please :D

kna don't worry we'll love it, when we finally get to see it ;) :D :p

oh and it was a good publicity stunt - i think this thread an the big other 10th one prove that LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.