1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Spawn. 17th may

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bowmore, 17 May 2007.

1. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

ok so this is a mod im doing for my barebone pc. ive dabbled in light modding before, such as cable braiding and some engraving but never anytihng this intense. so i hope it will go well and you guys will help me out :p.

so then the idea.......it started out as me making a robot torso around the case. sorry about the image sizes :S

[​IMG]

i also had previously modded the barebone.
    [​IMG]

as ya can see window was cut and i found a nice case wrap.

anyway long story short i was talking to my friend (aaron hi, see told you ide mention you) and he suggested about having some kind of robot just climbing on the case instead, this would be alot easier to pull off and look cool aswell.

so i got tihnking and ive allways liked Spawn since he looks so cool :p so i decided on him. i got a 6 inch model of him from ebay and began thinking of what to do. i decided upon lighting him up and making the whole case spawn'ish, chains and what not.

[​IMG]
    so had a red led lighting him up in general and a uv led lighting his face, sorry for the crappy pics but my camera wont charge - via use or mains. so i gotta use phone for a while :(

[​IMG]

i spent a while trying to find the correct material to use to make the textures on the case and bond parts, so i went to a moddeling shop and got some epoxy putty and began.
    [​IMG]
    started off by testing it and it worked well so i carried on

[​IMG]

drill holes for the LEDs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

putty added around

[​IMG]

so waiting for that part to dry, the whole case will be covered but at a later date.

i went to work on my spawn logo that will go on the side of the case (non window)
    [​IMG]

thats it for now, il be working on the window and front aswell. please be gentle :p

2. RickDawson

RickDawson Minimodder

Would that putty make the case more prone to heat issues?
    ie work as unwanted insulation?

3. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

i had a thought about that and yes it probably will increase heat, but im not using this as a gaming machine or anything that will need alot of cooling so it should be fine.

4. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

Looks neat!

5. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

Update - 18th may

got to work on engraving and spraying the front of my case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gotta finish the engraving since thats just the outline but you get the idea

6. ottzen

ottzen What's a Dremel?

Dude!! Are you in reality Boba Fett??? :D
    Or is it only me with that kind of lively imagination? :idea:

Looks interesting though! I'd hope you can get some of the "swing" of Spawn's cape into this..I'll be checking you out ;)

//ottzen

7. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

lol :p
    you shouldnt watch too much star wars.

anyway UPDATE!!!!!!!

finished covering the case with the putty crap (hurts your fingers)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gonna do a few more things but thats roughly it.

8. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Nice putty work, mod on :rock:

9. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

ok so i'm kinda stuck for ideas atm, the front of my case is just black now, and i was wondering what to do with it. im tihnking along engraving another spawn pictures on the front

[​IMG]
    case front

this is a cool pic i found of him - angel spawn ^^

[​IMG]

i was also toying with the idea of painting his face markings on. but i dont know :S so please gimmy opinions/ideas and i will love you

10. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

More putty!!!

11. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

i painted the putty black to see waht it looks like, donts look to bad i think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Blannor

Blannor What's a Dremel?

hiya, just registered in the forums so i could post in this thread. :)
    Love the idea of painting spawns face markings on the case, perhaps on the entire front panel?
    Perhaps tilted slightly on an angle..
    If you don't quite get what i mean let me know and ill try to mock something up, but my photoshop skills are quite B grade so it may not help matters :sigh:

13. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

Yer i was thinking if i did the markings to cover the complete front, but i did a rough sketch and im not a good drawer, so i gave up and went to bed :D.

if you want to make a sketch of your idea that would be awesome and i would love you for ever......................in a manly way

14. Blannor

Blannor What's a Dremel?

ok you asked for it, but heres fair warning: When i said my photoshop skills were B grade i was overstating my talents, i would perhaps put them somewhere around X if i were being honest and thats only because X is far cooler than Y.
    So without further stalling to avoid my shame, heres the monstrosity. :blush:

[​IMG]

ignore the horrible job i did and treat it as a concept drawing or something ok?
    What i was trying to show is the white parts of his mask are all that gets painted on the already black front panel, the silver parts get changed to match the rest of the panel (or as much as is possible with that speckle paint job there) and his eyes form the buttons (ok so they dont in the pic but thats what i was thinking of from the start, it wasnt a last minute thought honest :worried:) with the final button being in-between the white stripes but not standing out.
    Anyways thats just my thoughts and i hope that horrible pic helped get them across :wallbash:

15. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

thats a great idea. only problem with having his eyes over the buttons is that the buttons glow blue and his eyes are grenn, so guess that would mean a soldering job for me :D. but yer i like that, need to get some sort of template sorted out first ima go have a look at what kinda LED's the circuit board uses for the buttons. thanks alot :D

16. Teyber

Teyber ******

great!

personally i liked the putty the other color...
    but nice engraving!

17. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

you liked it coloured terracotta? the same colour as plant pots :O. well thats the colour it sets as, i just painted it black to see what it will be like. nothing is finalised yet :). hmmmmmm............maybe pink?

18. Teyber

Teyber ******

actually, i think the black loooks good with that texture. i would also be so down with pink!

19. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

Sorry i havn't updated in a while but i've been doing my uni exams so i havnt really had time to do anything. but there all finished now so back to work i go. should have some more pics in a day or so hopefully :D

20. Blannor

Blannor What's a Dremel?

yay its not dead :clap: I was actually going to post today asking if you were still working on it :)
    Good to hear the exams are finished up, now its update time! ;)