1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad_pool_caller

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by lerak, 16 Jun 2007.

1. lerak

lerak What's a Dremel?

Seen this error a couple of times now but recently i have been getting it more and more. Basically getting the Bsod with the message BAD_POOL_CALLER. Thought it might be something to do with the drivers, and after googling around a bit, came up with trying the driver verifier manager to see what happens. Tried that and after rebooting, windows would not load up. I would get to the load up screen then the system would just restart again causing it to loop, and never getting past the loading screen.

I've had some problems in the past with this build as well however i dont know if they are related or not. After i had first built it and installed windows etc, i had approximately 15min before the whole system would just freeze. The display would still be there but the mouse would not move and nothing would respond. In an attempt to fix this i downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, which seemed to fix it to an extent in that it now only hangs sporadically. Sometimes i will go for days without it and sometimes it will happen several times in one day.
    *EDIT* When this does happen the hard drive light on the front of the pc remains constantly on and does not flash *\EDIT*
    This doesnt seem to be dependent on my computer usage, but sometimes on the worst occasions it will look like there is no hard drive, as when the system is rebooted, the master drive is not detected, despite the fact it is definitey still plugged in!! This is also happening more frequently of late, making me think that the two errors are linked

The only other bsod i have seen more than once is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, although i havent seen that recently.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Graphics card: XFX Geforce 6800XTreme Edition 256mb DDR3 Dual DVI TVO PCI-E

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 (ADA4200BVBOX) X2 4200+ socket 939 Dual Core 2.2ghz 512kb and 512kb Cache

MOBO: MSI RD480 Neo2-FI SKT939 2xPCI-E Crossfire support DDR400 8channel audio LAN ATX

RAM: OCZ (OCZ4001024V25DC-K) 1GB (2X512) DDR-400 PC-3200 CL 3-4-4-8 Dual Channel Value Kit (LIFETIME WARRANTY)

Running Windows XP professional edition - service pack 2

Sorry can't remember my PSU, think that its fairly powerful though as i bought it to replace the c**p 350W one that came with my case. Maybe 500W?

2. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

You might of seen this thread before, it came up in a googling. Some links and suggestions have been posted that could help you.

3. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

I had the same thing. I sent my ram back to OCZ and the problem was resolved. i say send your ram back. The problems will only get worse.

4. lerak

lerak What's a Dremel?

cheers, will try a memtest and see if anything comes up...