1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mozilla takes offense to Safari

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Jun 2007.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The masses jumping from IE to Safari would be insubstantial - they're both put out by giant corporations with monopolistic ambitions.

Incidentally,
    no. of people at my college who use IE: ~600
    no. of people who use Firefox: ~150
    no. of people who use Safari: ~3

Seriously, nobody knows what the hell it is. Only the Mac users, and even a few of them that I know resent it, and wouldn't port it to windows.

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I still cant believe tha 80% of the browser market is IE.
    I know nobody who uses IE. My school is all FF and the last company i worked for also uses FF as standard. Even my Parents use FF. Ok i told them to do so but they like it so much that they tell all there friends to switch too.
    Safari aint got a chance IMHO to get a bigger marketshare if they dont budle it into iTunes as other sad.

Just my 2 cent

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

IE might not be the best product out there, but having got IE7 by default with Windows I don't feel much need to install Opera right now. It works fine and is close enough to the competition to keep me satisfied. There are features that I miss from Opera but IE7 seems to make up for it in other ways.

<A88>

4. Lakeuk

Lakeuk What's a Dremel?

I've always used IE6 until resently because of the Greasemonkey plugin for Firefox

5. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

its only 80% of the comparison. its a ratio of Safari to IE users, doesn't take into account any alternative browser, and in the forgotten browsers, what about opera, i know allot of people on this site prefer opera, not me personally, i've been using firefox since it got its start as phoenix.

does anybody have an actual breakdown number, for % of users that actualy include firefox and opera?

edit : ok a quick search i answered my own question, this is probably just for this site. but its still interesting information http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

6. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

IE is pretty popular because its already there, my college uses IE, my last 2 schools used IE as well
    i think they like the integration with the group policies

IE's biggest problem is MS pulled development for it for like 5 years, a lot of the standards integration is poor, and half assed (like CSS) often requiring 1 page done right and an alternate page that has all the nasty hacks IE needs

personally ATM i don't like any of the browsers
    IE for its poor standards support, and ActiveX causing security issues
    Firefox because its a bit bloated, moderately fast at pages, but it does have an excellent plug in system which is why i use it
    Opera's widgets just aren't a substitute for Firefox yet
    Safari doesn't even come into the equation until the bugs are fixed, even then so far i haven't liked apples software

7. FR34K

FR34K What's a Dremel?

I'd stick by Mozilla on this one. :rock:

I'm all up for Apple trying to compete, but their ego's starting to get the better of them. :nono:

I hate IE, and never use it, and I probably won't use any other browser as long as FireFox is still up and running.

Tags: Add Tags