1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celtic Chainsaw Massacre !!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Colossous, 23 Jun 2007.

1. Pfaffen

Pfaffen What's a Dremel?

Very nice paint job.

2. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Darn the Paintjob (yea nissanskyrice i know it's actually anodized :p ) is kick ass!

3. TBear-(DK)-

TBear-(DK)- What's a Dremel?

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

One heck of a flashy start!

5. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Whoah, that's one sexy looking case, only thing that caught my eye is that the upper and lower part of the front bezel don't really match. I guess they haven't been anodized at the same time. Still, the finish is really great :thumb:

I can't wait to see what you're going to do with this case...

Darkened

6. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

If its aluminium then it can be anodised Tbear, the wavemaster is all ally where some cases are a mix of ally/steel !! Yeh Darkened, the case was stripped and polished before sending away to be anodised and with the splash process then thats the luck of the draw, the interior is anodised straight red !! :cooldude:

7. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Man thats a great paintjob

8. Rodrigo Vicentini

Rodrigo Vicentini What's a Dremel?

dude, this painting was simply perfect, you are of congratulations, and a painting of very good taste

9. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

that's the best paintjob ive seen in a while, even better than the hotrod i saw today with the nice textured blue flames. i know it's anodised but everyone else is calling it a paintjob. anodising is just one way of getting a color on something afterall. my fav part is the front upper half. just tell people you airbrushed it.

10. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Looking real nice there!! Love the splash anodising there mate :) Shame you couldn't do the mobo tray tho eh? :( Thought about powdercoating it black or red?? (to match)

People its SPLASHED ANODISED!! not airbrushed/paintjob. Read the thread man!! From the man himself...

11. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

The rest of the internals are anodised red like the rear of the mobo tray, i've got to spray a fan grill guard for the top 120mm fan hole anyway so i'll tackle the mobo tray at the same time, it wont be seen much anyway !! I get the case back in a couple of days form the Tom at Chilled Pc's so i'll post more progress soon ! :thumb:

12. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

LOL at people not reading the thread...

Lovely looking box mate, pity it was all random and not really "modded" as such - but it looks damn good. A case could have that done to it and be finished in some cases.

Not too keen on the dragon - but, whatever floats your boat!

CC

13. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

The idea started with a Welsh flag and the dragon to be lit red from the inside then the case sprayed top half White, bottom Green but when i heard of the splash anodising i thought it was really different (allthough not possible to home mod without big vats of elecrolyte and diodes etc !!) and originally thought keep the green white theme but white cant be anodised apparantly !! The black/red theme was chosen and this is what you see !! I get the case back soon and theres more to go into the build yet soon !! :thumb:

14. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Recieved the case back yesterday and i've spent a day staring at it as it really is smart !! Its seems different in every light condition and situation its viewed !! Chilled Pc where i had it done are that chuffed they're offering it as a service now too (link at the bottom), more pics very soon with progress too ! :thumb:

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=246

15. Teyber

Teyber ******

holy crap!
    i don't understand how anodizing works, just thas insane

16. welshtom

welshtom What's a Dremel?

It has come out better than expected :). My thanks to Rich for allowing us to have "free reign" on his case to make it as special as it is!

Tom,
    Chilled PC

17. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

wow very nice finish on that case, looking forward to see more :)

18. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

The paintjob on that is top notch, the window is cut to perfection ;)

19. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I never knew you could do more than one colour on an anodized product. I guess you just have to fling a different coloured dye over the base coat after putting it through the tank. absolutely incredible.

How is it so shiny? My black anodized Lian-li is quite dull and unreflective compared to that mirror-like finish. Is it somehow clear coated or polished after the anodizing was all done?

20. welshtom

welshtom What's a Dremel?

We pre-polished the case before anodising :)