1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors ford ka engine trouble

Discussion in 'General' started by pranks7er, 26 Jun 2007.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

my sister has a 1999 ford ka 1.3

the engine will start then cut out if you dont rev the engine, plus there is a sooty smeel form the exhaust, and alot of vibration in engine, it it the air filter clogged or something more you think

we think air or fuel filter its s if engine not getting air and it chokes

2. Scan_Phil

Scan_Phil What's a Dremel?

pranks7er

It could be the Coil Pack I have a 2ltr Focus and it recently went best bet is to take it into a garage they charged £30ish to connect it to a PC that told them what was wrong,

If your a bit of a DIYer fix it yourself get the coil from Ebay really easy to fit.

If you think its the air filter just go buy another one cheap to buy however I doubt a air filter will restrict air that badly to cause the engine to stall.

Also when your driving the car does the car lose power or petrol consumption go through the roof as this happened to me when the lambda sensor went this should also show with a car diagnostic.

Hope this helps.

Regards

3. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

A cloged air filter would be visable wudnt it? try with the airfilter out, have you had teh car recently serviced they may have knocked the idle speed out. but i would adree with scan get it down to a garage

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Fuel filter, but check the spark plugs, leads and distributor.

5. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

Word of warning regarding spark plugs on Ford Ka ... if it has anolder type engine (basically based on a Kent Engine, usually says Endura-E on the block) be VERY careful with the plugs. They rust very easily, and they have tapered seats, which will shear off if you use too much force, meaning you'll need to take the head off and drill them out. If they look at all corroded in the block, leave well alone and be prepared for a bill when you take it in to get them done.

Disregard the above if it has a Zetec engine.

Tags: