1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Racist car in Forza 2 causes controversy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Jul 2007.

1. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

im suprised a white power promoting skinhead can operate two thumbsticks simultaeously

2. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

idiot.

i loled when i saw it. it's as much an anti german thing as it is an anti jews etc. thing. it's kinda linking the various outputs of the country at the time. i doubt anyone is going to be too offended by it but yeah, it's a little unfortunate.

3. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

The only other people who want the car are similar idiots so what's the problem... just move onto the next car if it offends you. Personaly I find the car amusing... I'm not sure why but I think if I played 360 and had xboxen live I would consider getting it for amusment.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

he has a point, if i made a black car with "black people ornaments" and wrote "Black power", no one would make a fuss about this.
    What steams me up is that if you are white hit a black person it is a hate crime, if you hit a white person it is "assault and battering" (IIRC), why? any kind of assault can be a hate crime no matter what color of skin.

i my self am indifferent to race and color, and to all of this "THIS IS NAZI/RACIST/COMMUNIST/HAS SEXUAL MATERIAL/HAS VIOLENCE!!!!! BAN IT!!!!!!", i just want peace.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I think a lot of people would actually make a fuss about "Black power" DXR. Afterall, plenty of people here are making a fuss about the concept of it, aren't they?

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

there are still pro nazi's ?!

man some people are ready to believe anything, as long as they can be sheeps and follow some stupid cult

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

hehe. Let's not get started on scientology :eeek:

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

LET'S GET STARTED ON SCIENTOLOGY!

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I have to say, I found that extremely funny.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

and let's not forget to invite Matt Stone and Trey Parker

11. bjrcboy

bjrcboy What's a Dremel?

Personally I'm with a majority of the people here. In this world there will always be racism and people should deal with it. Senior year in high school my teacher actually tried to get my expelled claiming I was a nazi and racist towards jews(Which I had been dating a jew for nearly two years by then HA!) But thats besides the point. If you dont like it then move on, there are still white supremacist, black panthers, KKK, hell there is even a Communist party on the ballet when you go to vote for a president in the states. Just move on people, it happened several years ago which most of us were never even apart of. If you dont like it dont buy it and if it offends you that much dont play with the guy who uses the car. Rant over.

Oh one more thing, I'm not racists. I hate ALL races equally HAHAH =)

12. Stonewall78

Stonewall78 What's a Dremel?

When I first saw a thumbnail of that picture I thought it was just a car with a "white" powered motor :duh:

13. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

All the "oh lol this is nothing you guys are just too sensitive" stuff is really irritating. I face discrimination based on the colour of my skin every day, so no, I won't just shrug it off. And frankly, I'm disgusted at the attitude displayed by the majority of posters here. Of course you can just smile and move along when you're not on the receiving end.

14. bjrcboy

bjrcboy What's a Dremel?

Everyone can always be on the receiving end. Even though I'm white my area is predominant mexican and asian, at my school there was only a 8 percent white population. I faced being the "white" boy every day. I was called a nazi, people would do the hitler arm raise thing to me, daily. I'm not saying shrug it off but, its in the damn past yeah it sucked for a lot of people(basically if you werent white with blonde hair and blue eyes) but how did it hurt you? Were you thrown in a concentration camp by the nazis, lynched by the KKK, ect..? I highly doubt that. Just always remember:

Sticks and stones may my break my bones, but words can never hurt me

For god sakes my legal name is B.J. imagine how hard that was for me in elementary and Jr High. They are just words and dont get all bent out of shape on it

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Aankhen i was, during quite some time, the receiving end and i think this is a storm in a glass of water.
    Painting a virtual car with this theme does not compare to the amount of racism, violence, ethnic hate, sex, etc..... we ingest every day when we watch tv, surf the web or even walk the streets.

16. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

I'm also surprised at some of the views of people on here. If you really think that the phrases 'White Power' and 'Black Power' have exactly the same meaning then I think you're wrong.

A lot of people say 'Oh this PC stuff has gone too far'. Looking at some of the attitudes on here, it seems like this social apathy stuff has gone too far.

If a white person hits a black person it's automatically a hate crime? What?!

17. nissanskyrice

nissanskyrice Terminally Lazy

That saying might have been true before political correctness and children seeing shrinks and whatnot. The ammended saying is now:
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will cause permanent psychological damage. :)

18. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

That's simply not true. Words have more power than anything else. In fact, that adage strikes me as being the opposite of reality. Broken bones will heal in a matter of days, weeks, or months; emotional scars may take a lifetime, or may even never heal at all.
    I'm sorry, I don't get it.
    They aren't "just" words. They reflect the underlying attitude of the people from whom they came, which I find highly disturbing.
    I dunno why that happens to you, but I don't ingest racism, violence, or ethnic hate every day through either TV or the Internet. Even if I did, it wouldn't validate things like this car. And I definitely don't group sex in the same category as racism or ethnic hate.
    (Sorry for rearranging the post.)
    I think what it boils down to is this: if you're okay with racism towards you, or simply don't think it's worth getting hot and bothered about, then don't. I don't think it's okay at all, and I'm going to make a noise about it. I also don't think that people who haven't been on the receiving end don't have any right to dismiss it. (Not necessarily pointing fingers at anyone here, just stating an opinion.)

19. bjrcboy

bjrcboy What's a Dremel?

Its simple, a girl's mouth and a males smaller self equals a B*** J**

Now I completely agree with you on the whole thing and I'm not saying just because ones been on the reciving end means that they can relate to everyone. Its just that racisim will ALWAYS be around in one for or another and you have to live with it. It sucks but its true.:sigh:

20. ThE-LyNX

ThE-LyNX What's a Dremel?

Racism is and will probaly always be a touchy subject to a lot of people.

But in so many ways it seems to have got to a point where it is now used as a chess piece in arguments. +ve & -ve racism can be seen just about everywhere in day to day life, now i dont want to say that it is just a fact of life but it is there and needs to be dealt with. If its possible for people to be a little less sensitive about it and possibly open up some kinda dialogue to sort it all the better but always flying off the handle doesnt help, it just feeds the fire.

Tags: Add Tags