1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of you play Dungeons and Dragons?

Discussion in 'General' started by Morphine-Kitty, 5 Jul 2007.

1. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

As stated in the title. I'm thinking, many of us play computer RPGs, but how many of us do the true, pen-and-paper style? I mean, we are a bunch of geeks here. Let's see just how geeky.

Oh, by the way, I'm a proud player since the age of 7.

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Recently started playing since I went to uni, never got the opportunity before now to play it.

3. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I really want to give it a shot but no one I know is into it. Maybe when I start Uni in September that'll change.

4. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

RPG players don't have a real life.
    As they don't live, yet retain human functionality, they're either zombies or cyborgs.

H.B.

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

^ LOL. Zombies are annoying. With no working organs I never get to use cool spells like Poison.

Yeah, I used to play a lot back in the day. Now, my wife and I play once every couple of weeks. We just stick to the basics, though. I think Wizards of the Coast are doing the game a disservice by producing so many rulebooks; you don't need imagination anymore.

-monkey

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I never quite caught onto the traditional game since I know not anyone close who plays. I've seen it in action and the DMs can sometimes make some hilarious scenarios.

7. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I last played when I was 15 I think... doubt I could remember how any more, would love to start again though....

You could rephrase the title question to "How many of you are real geeks" and make it a poll :p

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I used to play, but haven't for the last 10 years or so...

9. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

For a month or so when I was 15 I played GURPS Discworld, but I never really got into the whole thing.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

*Stands up* My name is IanW, and I'm an RPGer *sits down*

I've been in a home-brewed superhero RPG for 8 years now, meeting monthly.
    My original character is now married, and has a kid!

We're using a rule set based on "Fuzion", but heavily massaged for our needs.
    The rest of the group have been playing since Uni, and we're all in our 40's.

11. Fused

Fused Minimodder

My girlfriend plays once a week when she can, but i have never had the chance to get into it. I always thought dungeon and dragons sounded cool but never really knew what it was. If I have the time at Uni and theres a group going I might join in.

12. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

I do, and have done so for the last ~5 years of my life. Though our current campaign doesn't progress very rapidly as all our sessions somehow magically drift into offtopic and at the end , playing something like Wii Golf:wallbash:

13. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

No (thank God).

14. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I do, a bit - mainly 3.0 and 3.5, but I'm looking at the 2.0 stuff as well.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I have a lot of fond memories of 2.0. Of course, after I played 3.0 I realized that I was essentially playing 2.0 with all of our house rules. I haven't looked back since.

-monkey

16. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Haven't played D&D for a couple years now, but it's fun if you can get a group of people who can regularly meet and actually want to really play. "really" play would be playing the quest as its meant to be, most of ours had humorous stories and even battles with them. Problem was we couldn't get enough regularity and such so we stopped. Great game though, would love to try it again.

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Aye the same poision as ye rest - the blood churns to play, yet the means are gone. What really sets the game on paper apart for me though, is the sheer cross of ingenuity and stupidity that happens at times. An ice cavern with a huge monster in it? What shall we do? Why, what's this keg of gunpowder doing (I actually kept one with my cleric, thank you)? Let's just roll it over, and BOOM, oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....

18. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Yes! We blew up the monster! Oh no! We blew up the cave too!

19. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Of course with us in it! But hey look, this passage we retreated into goes a ways to a crossroads... with a frustrated looking frozen corpse in it... ah nuts :(

20. fri2219

fri2219 What's a Dremel?

Saturdays at UW-Parkside

I used to play WarGames with Gary Gygax and others when I was a teenager... I think I last played D&D around 25 years ago.

P.S. Yes, that makes me extremely old. :naughty: