1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware 900W to 1100W PSU Group Test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Jul 2007.

1. I_think_I_know

I_think_I_know What's a Dremel?

I can't wait to see the new range of Gigabyte PSU's - it looks amazing.
    I agree, Enermax is a good product.

I like reviews like this because a lot of people underestimate the importance of a good PSU, bigger does not necessarily mean better, but price does and I have seen friends with cheap nasty PSU which claim to be 550w, but they not true 550w.

I was reading the Gigabyte ODIN and it comes with some very good features.
    If it does what it claims it does, then I think that we will all have better choices.
    Also, apparently it comes with 4x PCI-Express cables, each supporting 6&8-pin connectors for your graphics – now that is cool.

Anyone know when the ODIN is available in the UK?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've got an ODIN GT coming which is brand new and has software control as well as all the latest cables. They'll be available "soon" afaik. We're getting one of the first in the country to review.

3. I_think_I_know

I_think_I_know What's a Dremel?

Thx for the reply, I will keep my eyes open for your review - around when?
    Apparenlty you can "control" the PSU and it comes with 4 therometers - something like that!

Will it go up against other PSU?

4. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

Software control of a PSU - I am going to look into this some more. Had just about made up my mind to go with a Corsair HX520, but this sounds interesting. :rock:

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

We're going to be completing the testing later this month but instead of publishing one big group test, we think it's going to be better (and more timely) to drip feed the power supplies out as individual reviews. :)

6. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

I was a little surprised to see the Enermax Galaxy spoken of so highly - the company I work for has recently sworn off the Galaxys as we've had too many problems with them failing. We're Seasonic fans for the most part, they've been much more reliable for us. :)

This was a very useful article, keep on rocking!

7. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

Im also looking around and I must say that the Gigabyte ODIN looks very cool.
    But Im going to wait for bit-tech to get their hands on it - hopefully soon.

Make sure its the GT edition, I think that the Pro does not have the software.

Awaiting for the review.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Never had an Enermax fail in all the years Ive owned them and we're also running 3 or 4 Galaxies in the test lab. Seasonic do strive themselves on making quality parts that's for sure, they claim less than 1% returns iirc.

As for GT ODIN: We've got one booked to us for review, we're just waiting on its arrival.

9. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

I agree - Enermax is a good brand, never used it, but it seems to get a lot of good reviews.

Tags: Add Tags