1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhysX Cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by novaland, 12 Jul 2007.

1. novaland

novaland What's a Dremel?

can any one tell me if there is any difference between the
    128Mb Asus Ageia PhysX and the 128Mb BFG Ageia Physx apart
    from the price and which one is the best to buy:confused:

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I don't either of them are best to buy, there's no point in buying a physics card right now.
    Anyway, I assume it's just cooler and PCB colour that will be different. Support also.

3. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Yeah, one's just rebadged. Don't bother with one yet though. Not enough games support it; wait for Unreal Tournament III to be released as the Unreal 3 engine will have native support for the card. And many games will be based on the U3 engine.

Also, prices will have dropped by then.

4. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

The only difference that matters is price.

5. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Ah PhysX cards. I fell sorry for the poor early adopters who paid handsomely for one, only to get a better 'nade explosion in GRAW/2 and about 20 minutes of physics fun in Cellfactor or whatever that tech demo was called... Still, maybe it has potential. We'll see. /rant

6. novaland

novaland What's a Dremel?

OK every one thanks
    mind you, what the PhysX Cards do is pretty good especially in
    Crysis don't now if any of you have seen the game play clips for Crysis
    It looks so cool mind you i do like to see a lot off detail :thumb:

7. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Oh we've seen them!
    Although I wasn't aware they were using a PhysX. Hmmm, I've been contemplating getting one for a while, this might persuade me...

8. rikbikboo

rikbikboo What's a Dremel?

the diference is that the agea cards actually have 256mb of memory on them as apposed to 128mb

to explain as i understand it there was some argument between the two companies so agea had to rebrand or somthing. the card i have is agea and it has 256mb of ram on board. i will try to finsd a link but overclockers.co.uk were selling them and proved they were 256mb versions. more memory is always beter i suppose.

does the card do anything. tbh i have always thought it as waste of money. cant say i have ever noticed much diffrence in all my games. i didnt even liek graw so didnt appeal. i guess we will see when crisi comes out .

otherwise save ya money mate .. or buy mine cheap. send me a pm and u can have it for 50% of retail plus p&p.. thats what i think its worth