1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CASE HELP PLZ!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheColdLord, 11 Jul 2007.

1. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

Hy yall. I have a problem concerning a new case that I bought myself today. http://www.aplus-case.de/ <= this would be my new case. The problem I have is that after I placed my mobo and so on in to it, it won't start. I have no idea what 2 do. I tried everything that I knew. My hardware works cuz it had no problem in the other case.
    Also I have a few questions: What dose compatibility mean between PSU and case. Every component is cleaned.
    One thing that happened is that when I try the 2 push the power button the coolers move slightly but the pc dosen't boot.

PLZ I NEED HELP!
    :eeek::eeek::wallbash::wallbash:

2. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

Did you take your old PSU over to the new machine as well? or are you using a new PSU, say which came with the new case?

If you have a multimeter, check that the case is correctly grounded (use a resistance measure)- at any common points (normally black wires), and any bare mettal - including the screws holding the board in blace. - if the resistance is above 20 ohms (preferably 0), static has a chance of building up and destryoing compnants.

Take the machine out of the case and run it up on a plank of wood to check everything is still working. If you have a new psu, test the machien with both the old and new psus.

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

also check that you haven't inverted the power switch where it connects to the motherboard. that was one of my flaws when i put everything into a case and took me a couple hours to figure out:wallbash:

4. TheColdLord

I've used my old psu since I didn't get any new one with the case. Also I found out something new: My gpu is a palit 7600GT,and needs a 4 pin power suply. The cable has 2 molex connector heads: one with 4 pins and one with 2 pins. If I connect it to the one with 4 pins the pc dosn't even start, but if I connect it 2 the one with two pins then the pc starts but it gives some out some warning sounds: 1 beep and a long silent afterwards another long beep. I've tried switching the GPU with a 5600 and the same thing happenes. I really don't understand. My psu is a no-name(I am not proud of it but when I got it I didn't know about its importance) and has 450W.

I rlly don't understand what the problem could be....any help would be apreciated!

5. Golygus

Golygus Minimodder

what does the machine do with no graphics card installed..

have you got another PSU or access to one..?

6. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

Were you using the same configuration as your previous PC - i.e, same graphics, same motherboard, same everything?
    Or have I not read everything correclty!

The beeps sound like not enough power, so PC will not boot.

I recommend taking everything out and run it outside your case.
    Only use, PSU + M/B + CPU + Mem + Graphics and see what happens.
    Then you can go ahead and add your Drives / key / mouse etc...
    Try the basics and go from there.

7. TheColdLord

Ok I managed 2 start it and it works fine...except for one thing: When I boot there is a msg says that "You're processor is unworkable or has changed please see Softmenu". I haven't even disassembled the cooling from it let alone take the cpu out. And now the clocks are @ 1140 instead of 1993(I mention that I have an AMD Athlon 2800 socket a). Have no idea why that happened since I didn't do anything 2 the bios. Any ideas?

Yes the config is exactly the same as before only the case is different and it didn't come along with a psu so that is the also the same.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sounds like your cmos has cleared, resetting the bios to defaults. You'll have to go into your bios screens and reset everything how you like it.

9. TheColdLord

Yeah managed 2 resolve the problem. It was the RAM sticks. They weren't plugged in on both sides *DUH* . Ty for all of ur help peeps!