1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware OCZ DDR2 memory group test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

not impressed with the reaper thats good to know i was thinking of getting them over the standard 8500+ SLI editions but probably wont now

would have been good to see a direct comparison between the two tho to compare the cooling technologies

3. Lian Li Lover

Lian Li Lover What's a Dremel?

You complained slightly that when not watercooling the flexXLC, there would be nasty insulating air inside the heatsinks. Surely that could be solved by putting some water in the heatsinks and sealing off the ends of the barbs? It wouldn't perform as well as if the 'sinks were solid metal, but the water should be much more conductive than air. Still a bit of a hassle though.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

sure, that's certainly a solution but one many might be wary of should it leak :)

5. Lian Li Lover

Just as likely to leak as normal water cooling.

edit: actually, the water would expand as it got hotter and could put the seals under lots of pressure and is thus a bad idea unless you left some room for it to expand.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2007
  6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That and unless you find bungs specifically made for it I meant, whereas normal watercooling should use good tubing and clamps.

7. Lian Li Lover

Something like this

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

Blocking water in there would be dangerous IMO - it'll be like what happens when you run a watercooled system without the pump turned on... pressure builds up and things eventually burst.

9. masteroffm

masteroffm What's a Dremel?

this is what I imagine routing the tubes would be like on the flexXLC

[​IMG]

Tim S, do you have a larger version of your avatar, I am a bunny person and that picture is awesome.

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Flawess review in itself. But I'd like to see a really low end module tested with higher end group to see the actual diference in the benchmarks... no site does this. The benchmarks as they are now, are so scrunched together in the graphs, that it seems that you would buy the memory specific to your applications as some are stronger in some different games, encoding, audio tasks, etc, or just pick one which is cheap because there isn't much of a statistical difference across the board.

Like this piece of shoddy.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820159010

What happened to le Foums!?

12. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

but as all the barbs point up, when your trying to loop up your going to get in the way of the other set
    OCZ should supply a block to get water in 1 side and out the other with 1 barb :p (sadly i don't think mobos are standard so it wouldn't actually work, plug as OCZ have barbed it already its will be hard to do anyway

As to the article, to me the first few graphs i looked at made no real sense, you had the memory all mixed up in different places, some at the top, some at the bottom, some in the middle, however the graph doesn't go fastest to slowest, so IMO it just seems to be a bit of a jumbled mess

here's a picture showing what i mean
    [​IMG]
    as you can see, i have linked up the same modules, their all over the place, but the entire lot isn't ranked fastest to slowest, so i really don't understand how you ended up in this crazy ordering system

13. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

They are ordered by speed 800mhz, 1066, 1142, 1151.....1250 :p

Last edited: 22 Jul 2007
Tags: Add Tags