1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a new heatsink

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baron02, 18 Jul 2007.

1. baron02

baron02 What's a Dremel?

Hi

I'm looking for a new heatsink for my rig as my old one is currently noisey. I looked at the asus silent sqaure pro and the zalman 9700 from scan but is there any other cpu coolers that you can recommend me.

The processor that i have at the moment is a E6300 but will be upgrading to quad core soon.

Many thanks

2. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre <b>banned</b>

Thermalright ultra 120, 120 extreme, ultra 90.
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    Noctua UH12F (Probably the lowest noise with great cooling)
    Scythe ninja

Some of the best heatsinks out now.

3. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

For something a bit lighter weight, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 is rather good. It's quite quiet, without being as expensive as the bigger ones. (Also, you don't have to worry quite as much about it tearing chunks out of your motherboard if you drop your case.)

4. baron02

baron02 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the replys, not looked at the artic cooling 7 heatsink, will see if i can find any reveiws on it.

5. dimebar

dimebar What's a Dremel?

thermalright ultra 120 extreme and a sflex 1200 for near silent operation or a 1600 for quiet performance

if it ill fit in u case and on your motherboard, as its quite a beast. check first.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Thermaltake V1 is fairly competent as well, plus it looks pretty cool

7. baron02

baron02 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the suggestions, dont think size will be a issue got a thermaltake armor case. I really do like the thermaltake big typhoon.

8. phillj

phillj What's a Dremel?

I have seen first hand a Zalaman 9500 cool an E6600 temp at about 29 dc at idle and about 38 dc at full load. At idle the fan didn't even have to turn (great for noise). Just imagine what the larger fanned 9700 could do! :D

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Temp. sensors aren't always accurate though phillj, that could easily have been 39'C and 48'C! :p

10. baron02

baron02 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the sugesstions. I have got a watercooling kit that I had on my old pentium 4 rig still laying around in my room. Wondering if I was to go back to watercooling but go 1/2 on piping instead of 10mm as i bought as a custom kit. The only concern that I have is that the I975x chipset do get a tad toasty so I got to think about cooling those and pwm

What do you reckon ?
    Thermalright 120 extreme or just use my watercooling kit