1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Commodore XX Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 31 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Not quite as good as I was hoping for :( oh well.

It's a shame as I can see the new owners tarnishing the commodore name again...........

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I don't think so; they do very well for a small company, but it's got to compete with the big boys that's all.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Bindi: you need to stop biting your nails ;)

Case looks good, shame it's a skin :(

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I cut, not bite ;) It's just because I'm pressing in on it :D

6. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

case looks tacky and very plastic y - actually what i've always thought of commodore, shiny but lacking substance.

Sorry.

Don't think the actual hardware is that good a deal either. C-

7. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

In the metal, it's not really "tacky" at all and it's certainly NOT a skin, in the traditional sense. A lot of the visual impression is down to the design - shame that Commodore chose to send this particular one, rather than one of the sh*t-hot game-themed cases. They look the business AND have the same baked-hard finish (vasty superior to the CaseSkins of yore)

8. Mars

Mars Minimodder

So a Commodore is now just a high spec PC rather than their own platform ?

Doent seem the same does it ?

The only reason to buy over something else would be for the branding.

9. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

actually the C-Kin looks good (not to my taste though either) - I mean the fundamentals of the case design look tacky, especially the rubbish hinges.

10. Akava

Akava Lurking...

It is very pretty in its own way, nice to see that the smaller companys still have the balls to try. Sadly it would seem though that,

...would be entirely true. :sigh:

And tbh if i was spending that kind of money, i would rather build it myslef and have exactly what i wanted.

11. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Yer I saw those hinges and thought hmmmm there not going to last long :rolleyes:
    Though for what £2,750? I would have expected maybe water cooling specially when running a pair of 8800 GTX's and a QX6800, gotta be a lot of heat coming from that beast. :geek:

12. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

so how much woudl all that hardware cost to buy if you did a like for like DIY?

I'm guessing over £2000, probably more like £2200. So the price you pay here for a nice (debatable, don't flame me) looking case and let's face it, ALL of the config and set up, not to mention warranty, RMA cover etc etc, £500-600 seems pretty reasonable. I'd like to think that if i was putting these things together myself, that someone would slump up the cash for my hard work.

Compared to the price of the arguably much uglier Alienware boxes, i'd go for this. Then again, i ain;'t gonna spend £3000 on a PC any time soon, so my two cents don't really count.

As the review said, the G or GS models would suit those who don't want a PS3 or Xbox, but do want to play new games, and want a nice -looking PC as well. Seems pretty reasonable TBH.

13. Nature

Nature Minimodder

I wish I was a dainty English maiden, oh my. Oh how.. could I not bestow colorful and spring time dresses and bonnets upon and for my soft golden hair and... and?

Thank you for changing your avatar.....

This Machine is great, no one should be unhappy if he or she purchased it, yet it will be old and almost useless in two and a half years!

14. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Not all that amazing, especially the interior. It seems like the case's internal structure was yanked from a budget mid-tower. No matter, this is just introductory stuff from Commodore anyway; wait for the top-end models in the near future.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm going to change it back, just for you :)

16. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Packaged with 50 retro titles. That sells the system right there:D "raid over moscow" "beach head" ah the memories. Myself I would have designed the case with a bit of retro feel to it. Maybe some multi coloured LEDs inside the case strobing when a game loaded;)

Last edited: 31 Jul 2007
  17. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

What Bindi fails to point out is that bit-tech (and TR for that matter) has a professional hand model. They get paid very well, mainly because they have to put their fingers in dangerous places such as CPU fans, water cooling pumps and over Tim's mouth when he sneezes - that boy has some serious lung capacity.:eeek:

Unfortunately Mr. Hand - he prefers to remain anonymous - is out of the action at the moment. Somebody asked him if he blended and, well... I imagine you can work out the rest. Remember folks, internet fads may be funny but "real" people can suffer. Play safe. :clap:

Last edited: 31 Jul 2007
  18. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

:D
    (Stunt hand...)

The rig is just nice.
    What are these heatpipes coming out from the PSU ? cooling it ? (Blue plastic thingie)

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes :)

20. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Air comes in through the side fan, through the PSU sink/fan, through the CPU sink/fan and out the back. It seemed to work.

Tags: Add Tags