1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress RTX scratchlog: done, but not final update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Teyber, 28 Jun 2007.

1. elbarto241

elbarto241 What's a Dremel?

yo Teyber, how does that power sander from black n decker preform? is it any good and worth the money spent on it? been meaning to get one but was worried about its preformance :D

2. Teyber

Teyber ******

um, it was 25$ and i recomend a orbital sander. One that spins. This took a lot of effort... If you have a drill, you would be better offr igging something up

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Ok, I'll admit when you started you had me scared, but now it's really coming together well!

4. Teyber

Teyber ******

haha thanks!

Since this is my first case, i didn't spend as much time as i should have on everything, because unfortunatly i had a voice deep from within me saying "you know you will screw up, this case won 't work" so i was so anxious to get it to work, i rushed to much.

Now that i know i can build a case, my next scratch case will problably be around christmas, as im hoping to get a mitre saw(hand or electric, i odn't care) a dual action sander(the belt sander/thign combo that tribal h as) and a circular saw, for modding along with some computer stuff(24" monitor).

5. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

I had confidence in you from the start Teyber (though I did notice you trying to rush on some things). It's a learning experience afterall. I know I got plenty of mistakes ahead of me.
    One word of advice when buying tools from someone who's had to go through plenty with my previous jobs.......buy the best one you can. Don't get something because it's cheap, it'll let you know why it was so cheap down the road. And take care of it, it'll take care of you.

6. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

You know, some people have heard this so much that they don't even listen to it anymore. But you know why people say it so often? Because it's TRUE! I have never regretted buying the best. Many times regretted buying almost the best.

7. Teyber

Teyber ******

8. Teyber

Teyber ******

[​IMG]
    Shot with COOLPIX P4 at 2007-08-02
    watercooling stuff coming in...

Last edited: 3 Aug 2007
  9. Teyber

Teyber ******

10. TeChY_07

TeChY_07 New Gaming Rig Underway!!!

Hey Teyber, wuts the name of that water cooling kit u got there? That one would be PERFECT for the build that i'm doing...

btw... GREAT WORK MAN!!! NICE WAY TO START FROM SCRATCH!!!

11. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Haha! That water block is so shiny we can see your goldi-locks in them!! :hehe:

Nice kit you have there Teyber!

12. Teyber

Teyber ******

PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF (insert somethign here) DO NOT GET A KIT THIS I S NOT A KIT!!!!!

kits are horrible, overpriced, adn in general are 100% junk. This is all custom ordered parts. ANd that is not a cpu block, this is for the northbridge on my motherboard. Its a swiftech mcr-360 radiator, ek 680i delrin block, yate loon fans, 7/16" masterkleer tubing, et cetera.

Please, for your sake, start a thread. Kits are ALWAYS a no-no.

sorry if i seemed harsh :D

13. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

@Teyber: No one said it was a CPU block ;)

I go with cherry picked components myself; the only kits I'd consider are those from Swiftech, DangerDen, and Petrastechshop (since they're less expensive than buying the same components separately).

Anything Koolance, Thermaltake (e.g. bigwater), etc. is crap.

14. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

I meant Kit, as in the lot of stuff you got there. I know you cant use a kit as you are using that super-duper cpu cooling vapour thingy that you got the other day.

Oh, and as far as i read, the waterkooling kits from DangerDen and SwiftTech are quite amazing my friend.

15. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

Ditto; they're good since they're a combination of their high quality components sold at a lower pricepoint than buying the parts individually.

16. Teyber

Teyber ******

Yes,

first off sorry if i seemed short or mean, i was trying to help you. as soon as i hear kit, i cringe. And yes, nobody said it was a cpu block, just wanted to clarify as i didn't tell you guys.

The kits that are o.k. are petras tech shop ones, the 240mm and higher swiftech ones, and the danger den one is o.k. but i wouldn't recomend it, as for the price, the swiftech radiators are better then danger dens *important* with LOW cfm fans. so if you don't want your computer to have really really really loud fans, get a swiftech radiator. Danger den makes really good radiators too, don't get me wrong, just if you have a choice and noise bugs you get swiftech. DOn't get me wrong, with high cfm fans DD kicks swiftechs but.

ANd the swiftech apogee gt or the d-tek fuzion are amazing blocks. The DD tdx is a decent block, nothign wrong with it, just the other blocks will get you 2-3 c better temps.

just my $.02

17. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

Actually, the Black Ice series RADs are made by Hardware Labs and not by DangerDen.

18. Teyber

Teyber ******

yes, but re-named by danger den like they do with the laing d5

PICS BROKEN LINK: WILL BE REPOSTED

Last edited: 5 Aug 2007
  19. TeChY_07

TeChY_07 New Gaming Rig Underway!!!

i ment kit as in wut are the parts you used cause companies dont usually make kits for north and south bridge.

and for u ppl that thought it was a cpu block, look closely at where the mounting holes and positions are. that block totally wouldnt fit on a cpu.

20. Teyber

Teyber ******

the links don't work?!
    ill redo them once the camera charges