1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GayGamer.net subject to hate crimes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Not good and dont agree with the reasoning behind the attacks although dont really see the point behind a gay gamer website whole idea of the internet and online gaming is for everyone to mix together and have a laugh not segregate themselves. Bit like how i see female counter-strike leagues, mix them with the males, not like women are more disadvantaged just get everyone together and have a party.

But still never good to see a paticular group getting bashed because of who they are.

3. dsjonboy

dsjonboy What's a Dremel?

Its because of the people who are attacking the website that, that particular community feels it has to segregate itself. Its a shame to see this happen.:sigh:

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

QFT!

5. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

QFT +1

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I agree.

Also, what does QFT mean???

7. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Quoted For Truth -- It means we agree strongly with the quote ;)

8. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

QFT+3

Exactly what i think.

9. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

QFT. In Capitals.

Exactly. I don't really see the point of making a difference between gay gamers and the rest of them, but still its really sad that some people will try to attack others for choosing a way for living their life. Why does it even bother them, if those gay gamers have nothing to do with the attackers and have absolutely no effect on their lives? It seems that some are still living in the paleolithic era... truly sad.

10. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Let's just elect D3s3rt_F0x as spokesman. :D
    'Fraid it's another QFT.

11. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

QFT+4 the people that are doing it are probably closet homosexuals anyway. (watches inbox fill with death-threats)

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Bunch of ****ing idiots.
    I think at this moment in time certina communities do need to band together, I'd like them to mix, but anyone that's played virtually any FPS game online knows that most people out there are ****ing hate filled morons who'll start spamming the moment they know a woman or a gay man is playing with them. I think a community of like minded people would help bring spirits up.

13. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

Why is there a need for a gaygamer site? Do they give barbie magical adventures and pokemon : jigglypuff special edition extra review scores?

I dont see the point, we dont have a straightgamer site do we? Why not just make a games site for everyone, straight and gay, at the end of the day were all playing games and they dont deserve any special attention? Do they?

14. blade_10w40

blade_10w40 What's a Dremel?

The point of Gay Gamer websites is solely because us gay gamers are sick of the sheer amount of homophobia that is rife within the online games comunity. Example...

"Why is there a need for a gaygamer site? Do they give barbie magical adventures and pokemon : jigglypuff special edition extra review scores?"

Do you know quite how ****ing offensive that is? Would you have got away with a coment like "What's the point of a black gamers comunity, do they give games full of whores and crack dealers extra review scores?" (not my views, we'll hope someone knows what I'm talking about).

I'm not a member of GayGamers.com, but I am a Fraggot. FRGT clan are a Gay lesibian bi straight gamer clan. BF2 and Quake mainly. We exept members of all sexualities and have a very active forum and lots of members that regulary play together (well some of them).

It's amazing really, if this had happend to a Black gamer site or a human rights website the comunity would be up in arms. When it happens to a gay gamers group all that happens is people question if we should be alowed to have a gay gamers site. There are English only clans, 56k only clans, Emo clans, there's probably a left handed clan for ****s sake.

I wish you could live life as a gay man for even a day. Maybe you'd have more respect from the problems and small mindedness we have to deal with. hell I just came back from a lan where most of the people know that I'm gay but people still make derogitry coments.

Maybe you might understand why we feel the need to stick together.

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I understand but if you want to promote equality then the way to do that is not to form your own communities (especially where the only common factor is sexual preference). Although, as I said in my post above (did you even read it?) the sheer number of morons may force you together.

As a side note, I found the barbie stuff funny, just as I found the crack stuff you said funny.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I think the key is to have your own community and make yourself companionable that other people want to join the community and open enough that people can belong to other communities. Which GayGamer.net did. I'm not gay, but I have read that site and the people there know what they are talking about. I occasionally got annoyed that the fact it was GAYGamer.net was such a big issue for them, but I have the sense to recognise I am only annoyed at that because its such a non-issue for me and that they need to advertise it to become a strong, safe community.

It's a shame they've been attacked like this. It was a good site.

17. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

bit sad tbh, the Internet is supposed to be about free speech (well if you ignore the whole government factor)

i also find it odd that the web host didn't have adequate protection against that, i know like 5 years ago most web hosters installed special devices to combat DDoS attacks

18. Bigturk

Bigturk What's a Dremel?

If we had "straightgamer" site it would be homophobic, i dont see how having a Gaygamer site is OK at all,

finnaly hackers done a usefull peice of work

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

^

Proof that your average internet user is dumber than a crate of broken hammers; it's people like this that stopped me playing CS.

20. Dizman

Dizman What's a Dremel?

You made your first post to say that?

Tags: Add Tags