1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooler Master Introduces the CM 690 PC Chassis

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 30 Jul 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Unique mesh design simultaneously provides sleek styling and superb thermal performance

When it comes to PC chassis, no one does it better than Cooler Master. For years now, Cooler Master has been on the leading edge of PC chassis design. Today, Cooler Master is pleased to announce its latest creation – the CM 690 PC chassis. By utilizing a unique mesh design, the CM 690 effectively blends together both form and function, offering users a mid-tower chassis without compromise.

When looking at the CM 690, it’s easy to be taken in by its bold lines and superb styling. But don’t let its exterior fool you – the CM 690 is a lot more than just a pretty face. Its unique Cooler Master mesh design not only gives it its modern good looks, but also facilitates excellent thermal performance. Inside, users can install up to seven 120mm fans for high-efficiency ventilation, making the CM 690 perfectly suited for today’s high-powered hardware. A 80x15 mm fan can even be installed at the rear of the motherboard tray to keep the CPU area well cooled. Other innovations like the bottom-mounted power supply, top mounted ventilation holes and retaining holes for water cooling units makes the CM 690 the ideal choice for systems that require the utmost stability.

When it comes to PC chassis, no one does it better than Cooler Master. For years now, Cooler Master has been on the leading edge of PC chassis design. Today, Cooler Master is pleased to announce its latest creation – the CM 690 PC chassis. By utilizing a unique mesh design, the CM 690 effectively blends together both form and function, offering users a mid-tower chassis without compromise.

When looking at the CM 690, it’s easy to be taken in by its bold lines and superb styling. But don’t let its exterior fool you – the CM 690 is a lot more than just a pretty face. Its unique Cooler Master mesh design not only gives it its modern good looks, but also facilitates excellent thermal performance. Inside, users can install up to seven 120mm fans for high-efficiency ventilation, making the CM 690 perfectly suited for today’s high-powered hardware. A 80x15 mm fan can even be installed at the rear of the motherboard tray to keep the CPU area well cooled. Other innovations like the bottom-mounted power supply, top mounted ventilation holes and retaining holes for water cooling units makes the CM 690 the ideal choice for systems that require the utmost stability.

With its unique design, superb thermal management, roomy interior, and smart design touches, Cooler Master has once again raised the bar for mid-tower PC chassis with the CM 690.

About Cooler Master
    Cooler Master was founded to provide the best thermal solutions to our customers worldwide. Since its establishment a decade ago, we continue to invest in product development in order to provide the leading-edge innovations to people and businesses. Cooler Master’s enclosure technology line-up includes heat sinks and fans, chassis, power supplies, function panels and accessories. Cooler Master has its headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan, with global branch offices located in Europe, America and APAC, so that we can offer to our customers the best service in time. For more information on Cooler Master, please visit www.coolermaster.com.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Apr 2014
  2. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 4 Aug 2007
  3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We're aiming to get one of these and a Cosmos in for review

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think I may have found my next case. I've been looking for something to replace my Aerocool Baydream.

Looking forward to that review, Bindi. :D

5. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

The cosmos looks....just...silly imo. And it also looks $$$$$.

6. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Last edited: 4 Aug 2007
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

From what I've read elsewhere (Hexus - review here.), the Cosmos is set to retail for approx £120. For a STEEL case! :jawdrop:
    Bob only knows what the rumoured aluminium "Special Edition" version would cost, £200? £300?

8. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

well , it's only SECC not Alu , design is simple , some parts borrowed from Mystique , and Centurion 5 , also from Stacker 830 , nothing special with this case , i won't even debate about the other ppl "taste". I don't like it ;]

9. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Cases are always a matter of opinion in terms of style imo. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I guess you might have some 'universals' like a sturdy build, good manufacturing quality and airflow, "no little annoying plastic things that snap if you catch them on your clothes"... :)

One thing i do like to see is great HDD management, like in this case.

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Hmm, the space for a fan under the cpu area is unique. It'd be interesting to see if it made any sort of difference to case/cpu temps with it blowing air out or sucking air in. I'm not sure on the case side fans though. Antec's P180 proved that you really don't need side fans as long as you have a good flow of air and with them omitted (and admittedly, a bit of sound deadening to the sides) it makes for a far quieter case.

11. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Thats what I thought, I first thought it was to aid cpu installation by allowing you to add/remove heatsinks without removing the motherboard.

The I saw the pic with the fan attached :sigh:

12. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Trying to compete w/ Gigabyte's biga$$ back board heatsinks and Thermalright's ridiculous rear socket helper for the IFX. :D

13. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

heh at least the gtr tech looks better... imo anyway

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Aye. And the GTR is as close to a proper SFF as you'll ever get while holding full ATX