1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis: Hands On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 13 Aug 2007.

1. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Eee...so it's not click, then spin for the suit? Why wouldn't...oh nm, Bioshock will be out next week. :D

2. csplayer089

csplayer089 What's a Dremel?

yay this comes out like 5 days after my birthday!! :lol:

3. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

50p it gets delayed :p
    nice article tho. you would have thought they would be well past alpha/beta this late in the game, considering its probably been work in progress for many years. and I really hope they dont bring it out on a console or dumb it down for them. FPS belongs on the PC not with some stupid control pad.

4. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Thats a fine looking chicken there.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Not really. We got STALKER beta in Jan/Feb and it was released in April :)

90% of the work in 15% of the time.

6. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I'm not sure I agree, but if you ask console gamers then you may have a point. If you ask PC gamers then Crysis would ne no.1 I'm sure.

The article was a very interesting read, I'm also more than satisfied to see that my upgrade has been worth while :D.

If there is one thing I'm disappointed about it must be the measly 10 hour Single Player action. The game will be busted in no time....but then OK that leaves a few months to frolic on the beach and amongst the lush vegetation.

As for the bugs though, at only 3 months from launch does anyone else see this being more than a little tight? Better speak to HR about some holiday time in Nov.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

don't worry about it dude :hip:

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I always felt this was going to be the case for Crysis tbh, that it would be like Far Cry and blow us away with graphics, but suffer on the gameplay and story front.

It'll be most interesting to play the later levels of the game on the Alien mothership, where Zero gravity send you spinning with every shot fired. THAT'll give Bindi some serious motion sickness.

10. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

uh oh :(

i have 20' with 1680x1050 native wit x2 3800+ @2.95Ghz + 8800GTS 640........

12. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

As we continue to say, expect the performance to improve in the "Gold" code.

13. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

don't worry it will run fine ;] , why Crytek all of the demos and presentations where done on the GeForce 8 series , i wouldn't worry about the speed of the game on a specific machine, i would worry about the AI and overhyped gameplay. From the movies i've seen the game had a nice feel and atmosphere , i'll hope it will give at least as much fun as the Far Cry gave.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You'll be fine, it's beta and has a long way to go yet.

15. Kizza

Kizza What's a Dremel?

Misinformation.

You're entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else is, but using your reputation to spread misinformation is simply not on. As of the most recent word direct from Crytek/EA, Crysis is not slated for consoles at all. People such as Cevat Yerli (CEO of Crytek) and Michael Khaimzon (Lead Level Designer of Crysis) have alluded to the possibility of Crysis finding its way to consoles, but there have been no plans for a console port. We have even been asked by people at Crytek to keep rumours in check.

If you think otherwise, please post a link to a credited source such as an EA/Crytek press release, or email from a representative at Crytek or EA. I'm sorry to randomly show up on your site to rant at you, but our community (read: Crysis' community) has been plagued with "Crysis is coming to consoles" and associated rumours since its inception. As an administrator of inCrysis.com I have a responsibility to make sure misinformation such as this is stopped at its source.

-Kizza, inCrysis Staff.

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Keep your knickers on Bindi did not say it was coming to consoles. I think you have miss-understood his post.

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Yeah, Bindi's saying he's worried the lack of features is an indication it is being ported to consoles, despite the statements from Crytek. Which is a fair enough thing to be worried about, it's a pretty typical reason why PC games get content removed prior to release.

18. Tim S

Tim S OG

Hi Kizza,

Thanks for signing up and expressing your concerns. However, I can assure you that there is no rumour-mongering or spreading of misinformation going on here: Richard said that he hopes features that have been shown off in trailers haven't been culled because Crytek opted to cash in on the consoles. He's merely reaching out for a reason why features that have been shown off in trailers weren't in the build of the game we had the chance to play.

What he hasn't said is that Crytek has taken that decision and nor was he intending to spread misinformation about the chances of that happening - Crytek has quite categorically stated that Crysis will be PC-exclusive at launch.

Tim

19. Kizza

Kizza What's a Dremel?

Ahhh, thanks Tim. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just got the impression that's what he was saying.

You ought to know from interviews with Cevat Yerli, about the game appearing on consoles, he will only allow it to happen if Crysis can be the best on that console. That is to say, it would be tailored to meet the needs of that platform and its fanbase. The people at Crytek are massive perfectionists so they're not going to cut the PC version short if they're thinking of going console. That's something we've been told from the very beginning, over a year and a half ago.

The picture they've painted for us is that they will focus on making Crysis the best it can be on PC, and then they might consider moving to consoles as an option. Which really isn't so much of a shame for PC Crysis fans, since they have two other studios working on original IP (one is non-fps) and they're way into development, and it would be a year so PC Crysis wouldn't go unrecognized.

I wouldn't worry about a lot of the issues you came up with, from the i31 event. It's a really minor sort of event, and people have mentioned the guys were having problems with the game on their systems. If you look at the videos from the same level, at E307, you'll see all of the interactive foliage (just look at the beginning of the IGN pre-E3 video). It's something they've all worked really hard on, and they've had it down since the first tech demo in DX9, so it isn't just a DX10 feature. It's also worth mentioning that your site isn't the only one to post complaints about the game, at that event, either.

I wouldn't use that build of Crysis to indicate the progress of development, either. It's the same level (at least) they were using at E307 and probably the same build, as well. That event was over a month ago, so they've had that month to work on the issues people would have given feedback, about. That and not all features were there, which is pretty disconcerting and confusing to everyone. All those things combined sort of lead a lot of us to thinking that there was something very wrong going on at the i31 demonstration of Crysis. I mean, if it's the same build at E307 and it was getting shining and positive reviews, then what the heck happened at i31?

Last edited: 15 Aug 2007
  20. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

That reminded me of the chicken in cs_italy - gosh, we've come a long way since the goldsrc engine, haven't we?

Tags: Add Tags