1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New HDMI 360 does not use new 65nm chip

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this is seriously starting to piss me off.......

3. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Come on Microsoft, make the switch already!

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

got my premium on launch, no ring of death and not overally noisey, (much quieter than my PS3, that blu-ray drive does sound like a rocket engine at times). not really bother about HDMI as i have the HD-VGA cable and that gives me 1080p.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hm... temped to get one of the new HDMI ones. I don't care much about the 65nm so long as it runs - and if it's the optical drive that was noisy before and that's been addressed, so much the better. Maybe once I get moved into the new house (which... ugh... pain... don't ask).

6. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

I've got the Crystal Edition XBox... Oh, wait, you meant XBox 360? I don't got one of those. Not financially available at this time.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm in the exact same boat - CONSOLE BUDDIES! :D:clap:

Last edited: 14 Aug 2007
  8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Looks like Megasoft is cutting more corners than actually exist. Or they're tied up with other legal obligations.

9. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Why dear god have they not seen sense and used the smaller cooler chip? I dont think i'll bother getting a 360 until they do. But what Amon says is true, they may have sign some stupid contract with the big chip manufactures.

10. centy

centy DFI Nutter

I'm not getting one until they do.

11. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

Microsoft gets an F, While Sony(PS3) gets an A. :p PS3 can take anything:), XBox360 meanwhile just croaks. :(

12. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Lost My Faith.....Long Ago!!!

I have had enough!!! of the problems with the 360's failures (3 failed in 6 months, and I am not joking) that I do not think Microsoft will see anymore of my money their way (well at least not for the xbox this gen), got a wii with the money I got for my last 360 replacement, no fan-boy bull here, I am unbiased and would have all 3.

And I have to be honest I do not really miss it that much (well I miss gaming on LIVE), I have been a gamer virtually all my life, and the 360 is a great console when working!, but I got so sick of it failing, then having to pack it up or lug it back to the shop, I am gonna keep playing great games like Zelda on my wii for now and use the PC a bit more.

And maybe when Sony stop treating the UK and Europe like a bunch of leppers in a lepper collony, then I may sway towards a PS3, but thats not a deffo yet?.....

13. Manitowic999

Manitowic999 What's a Dremel?

Not too crazy about 360s right now. I have my second dead one sitting on the table waiting to be shipped off. I'm hoping my third one will be improved, and last longer.:sigh:

14. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

i dont give a F..K ;F PC gaming all the way , anyway PS3 is better build then M$crapBox

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Bit's games article writer doesn't have a 360?

16. BurntKona

BurntKona What's a Dremel?

It's my guess that they are using up Zephyr motherboard stocks by placing them in Premiums as well as Elites so that they could get to using the Falcon boards as soon as possible. Which we should be seeing in the next batch, allegedly.

At least they are adding ports with the revisions, rather than taking them away...

17. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

Will there be any indicator of which batch a new one you buy comes from? I'ts just that I'm hoping to get one in the next couple of months and I'd rather hold off for the new chipset and specify so at the time of purchase.

18. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

I already have one of the normal premium 360s. Will keep with that until things have progressed sufficiently - with cooler chipsets and proper HDMI spec etc before I make the switch.

Planning my entertainment system with everything going into an amp/receiver and single HDMI cable to TV - the amp will convert any inputs into HDMI.

19. Lee @ Scan

Lee @ Scan Scan Computers

My original 360 is going back to MS for repair for the 2nd time.

My 2nd console I have seems to be fine even after playing overlord on the weekend for over 12 hours with the odd food and ciggy break and this weekend I shall be pummelling Oblivion on it just to test it even more.

20. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Bit-Tech own a couple of 360s IIRC, so why would Joe bother to buy one himself? He aint made of money, he keeps losing it in Poker matches, or so I hear. *titter*

Tags: Add Tags