1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.swf not playing if not in html file

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by John_Edward, 23 Jul 2007.

1. John_Edward

John_Edward What's a Dremel?

So, I suddenly got this weird problem with my comp after uninstalling IE7 because it was bugging with nVidias drivers.
    If I go to youtube, newgrounds or any other place, flashfiles work correctly.
    But if I try to open a .swf file, well..
    [​IMG]
    And if I try to open it in Media Player Classic... ( This one came AFTER reinstalling Flash & Shockwave, MPC worked before :< )
    [​IMG]

I have tried reinstalling Flash and Shockwave players from Adobes site, tried using Internet Explorer 6, which also has the same problem as Firefox, and reinstalling Firefox.
    But nothing has worked.

I also tried to use "Swiff Player", but it says that Flash Player isn't installed.

Anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it ?

I have Firefox 2.0.0.5, Flash Player 9.0.47.0 and Shockwave 10.2.0.022.

2. John_Edward

John_Edward What's a Dremel?

Okay, after bearing with this problem for way too long, I came across this site - http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html
    It says it is an "ActiveX" plugin, and as it is IE thing, and I don't use it, I thought maybe that was what went wrong uninstalling IE7.
    After downloading and installing it, MPC and Swiff Player started working \o/
    Firefox still wont play them, but that doesn't matter as I usually use MPC.

..So, it didn't fix it completely, but at least it works.
    If someone has the same problem, hope this helps.