1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pirate "Simpsons Movie" tracked to Australia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 20 Aug 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

If you have no friends to go the cinema with. Thats why.;)

3. slugs

slugs Minimodder

i do wonder why people do post films via mobile. It must be some kind of prestige thing to be the first i guess. They should go after the people that posted the made up copies first. Not that i ever downloaded them only heard of them.

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

sp. Sydney

errrmm why would anyone copy a movie using a mobile phone what a dick. i wonder what else he has done other than this movie

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

yeh by mobile phone....what is the point? I'd download it and be pissed at the quality!

6. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

In the infamous words of one of the simpsons characters, Nelson.... "Haaa HAA"

( couldnt resist :lol: )

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yes, the point is that it makes your e-peen bigger.

Although a mobile phone filmed cam? We're talking microns bigger here.

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

[​IMG]

1. Not everyone puts up crappy quality copies (that was released 3 days after UK release of the film and encoded to ~700MB Divx). Looks great on my SD TV; better than DVD.
    2. Some people are just generous? Or just hate capitalism.

Oh, and that image was totally taken from a friend's PC. I don;t even like the guy. He's naughty. And I don't know anythign about him so 'questioning me' would be pointless.

9. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I wouldn't bother watching it. unless i watched it on my cell phone. but even then, whats the point? I just paid the money and saw it in theater. It was worth it to hear how many people didn't get the jokes that required a bit of thinking to laugh at.

10. TheDean

TheDean What's a Dremel?

"AFTERSHOCK!!!"

lol @ Sidney...haha

11. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

The only reason I watch such types of films is when:

a) the movie studios decide to release said in different countries at different release times -- I dont see why i should have to wait weeks/months just because I'm in Europe.

b) the movie studios are bickering over money and some old version of a movie *is not* available in my country/region on DVD. If the studios will not provide a copy of the movie then I'll get a copy (i.e, MST3k: The Movie)

Having said all that, I have over 700+ official DVDs in my movie collection. So in my opinion I reserve the right (once in a blue moon) to cross the line when the movie studios do not deliver as they should.

If the movie studios want to counter pirate copies, then update your business model to reflect the change in consumer desire and needs -- i.e., release movies simultaneously worldwide, release them on DVD/HD/BR at the same time, as well as online versions too. Do not expect the consumer to change!

EDIT: oh, and i do recognise there are morons who think they're 'cool' and 'elite' by making these pirate copies -- just sad, lonely people...

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I laughed my socks off when the simsons movie was released on the net, with dutch language, and dutch actorspeech, in perfect quality a week before the official dutch theatric launch.

I call that ownage!

I did not watch it though. I hate the simpsons.

13. Preti9cboi

Preti9cboi What's a Dremel?

What bittorent sites do you guys DL movies from? The ones i use have piss poor quality.

14. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

best place to get stuff is IRC as bit-torrent basicly advertises to everyone on the torrent look I'm a wares pirate and is frequently slowed down by ISP's. With IRC you can get a file via http and thus no slowing down, If using https then the only person who knows you downloaded that file is the uploader. (and no I'm not telling you what servers and chans to go on - learn the hard way like everyone else)

but why anyone would waste their bandwidth on something like the simpsons movie is beyond me.

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this remembers me a friend that was mad at me because i did not want him to lend me a French version of a movie that was filmed this way...... i was thinking "you poor little soul..... please go away".

16. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

i paid to and went to the simpson movie, i left in about 30mins, such a terrible movie.

17. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I would say you can't judge a film by the first 30 minutes, but then, this was a pretty pants film.

18. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

He recorded it on his mobile? That's some impressive battery life he must have!!

19. nakchak

nakchak What's a Dremel?

Someone out there please tell me this; just what is the point of making a crappy copy of a film and uploading to the Internet? Does it make your e-peen bigger or something?

LOL, doubtfull
    but saves you from snot gobbling out of control chavlings running rampage, the extorionate prices of food and drinks at the cinema, oh and if u smoke, u can enjoy the film without getting twitchy

never mind the whole i just spent £15 for a ticket, pop corn and drink and the film was crap, feeling ive had nearly every time ive gone to cinema.

heres an idea, why dont they just release the film as a divx? as well as to cinema?

anyways the simpsons film was terrible, but then what do u expect if you try and stretch a format of a show based on one liners and 20 mins of content, try watching a simpsons dvd back to back and tell me it doesnt drag on and on??
    films that bad deserve to be stolen, make the assholes responsible destitute and hopefully they will never inflict them selves upon us ever again

20. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Isn't this exactly what they should do?

The customers/market/technology changes all the time, but the industry seems to fall behind.

Tags: Add Tags