1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel to launch nine 45nm CPUs in November

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Still waiting for numbers on Barcelona, but Penryn is looking enormously promising! The post-Netburst era is an exciting time for processor development, isn't it? Intel was getting a bit stale before, but it seems to be doing no wrong these days.

3. Yubalostia

Yubalostia What's a Dremel?

exciting times indeed... while I wish that AMD rules this CPU war, if Intel's advantage widens then I'm afraid for AMD's future...

seeing Penryn is not native quad, however, makes me want to wait, too, for Barcelona numbers, thank you very much.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

wow, 45nm, runs cool, 4Ghz(maybe), 12Mb cache, quad core but what is the price

5. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

Native or not, A Quads a Quad. ;) Maybe there will be a price decrease for the existing cpus when Penryn comes out. :thumb: :thumb: Like half off the current Q6600 pricing, It might be a pipe dream, But It would sure be nice. :clap:

6. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

Looks like these are replacements for existing processors, so price points may well be similar to existing models. That is not to say that they will introduce a new Quad for the same price as a Q6600 - to me that pricing was a one off

7. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Man I was looking at getting the Q6600 G0 and get Penryn when it comes out. But now that Penryn is due to come out in November of this year, why throw money on Q6600 when I can get the Penryn (Hopefully for a really good price). Right now I am waiting for the X38 Motherboards to start to come out (September) Intel or Asus. And when Penryn comes out, it will be good times once again. Can wait for my new system!

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Shouldn't that be the light of day?

Nice article, I might just upgrade to one of these new chips in November.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

correct me if im wrong but aren't these the server models

10. robbybertu15

robbybertu15 <b>needs a job</b>

So when is bit tech going to get their hands on some of these CPU's? And when is Barcelona supposedly being released?

11. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

sounds like another Star Wars trilogy to me!, except for it being AMD/Intel and not the Sith/Jedi....am I the only one who sees this correlation? lol

Use the force AMD, use the fooorrccee.....and get me a better CPU with a cheaper price than what Intel can offer! Sorry for the cheesy line, but AMD really needs to get out of this 'slump'...

12. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Heh. Well isn't this a dick move for Intel. They started the year with "nah, we won't release Peryn this year", and to their chargin, AMD gives a relieved agreement with a lack of Barcelonas... then they come right back out. A 115/135W, 4GHz from the box C2D would be nuts, but not as crazy as a 165W from the box C2Q.

13. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

when is the intel cpu with integrated memory controller coming? whats its code name?
    is AMD's bus still superior to intels and if so when will intel attack them on this front?

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

codename for intels cpu with integrated memory controller is nehalem, its due to be released in 2nd half of 08.

15. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

Gawwwdd, everytime you settle for something and decide what you're gunna build, a new technology is just around the bend.

Are these Penryn's going to be worth the wait or will the price be stupidly high like the quad extremes. As the G0 Q6600 is very tempting

Tags: Add Tags