1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Pimp my ride: Delica Edition.

Discussion in 'General' started by imkeller, 19 Aug 2007.

1. imkeller

imkeller What's a Dremel?

My dad has shown some interest in 'pimping out' his mitsubishi delica :D.

Was just wondering if anyone knew what the largest rim size that the Delica could take is? I know it wont be like 20" as the stock ones are only like 14" (?) but if I convince him to get new ones then it would be good to get the biggest.

2. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre <b>banned</b>

*sigh*

I'm gonna say this every single time you post something about this car I don't like.

DO IT TASTEFULLY

Big rims? Not a good thing to go for unless the CAR. SUITS. IT.

Nice looking rims? Go for it! Chromes? Not a good idea unless your dad wants to be 'rollin on bling'. Alloys? Great idea!

Understatement is key. I highly doubt your dad wants to look like he's driving around a mobile disco. If you get a body kit, don't get one with pointy bits everywhere, get one that says 'I've modified my car, and I haven't done it to look stupid, I've done it stylishly', if you get a wing, don't get a fricking huge one, get one that isn't stock but isn't a half assed attempt to tun the car into a fighter jet.

In other words, if you mod and have choice, go for this:

[​IMG]

And avoid this:

[​IMG]

3. kempez

kempez modding again!

Totally agreed

And I like that Volvo :)

4. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Hmm, this thread could evolve into the "pimp my ride - bit tech edition" and sport delicate mods like the Volvo seen first post.. :D

Last edited: 19 Aug 2007
  5. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre <b>banned</b>

Second post. :lol:

6. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I want the rims on that volvo for my v-dub

7. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

lol @ second car. S series ?

8. imkeller

Don't worry, It will be done tastefully.

Chrome is highly unlikely, but I would love to see my dad rolling on bling. :D

A wing is also very unlikely as it barely gets under low parking barriers as it is. And as bodykits go, I've only ever seen one for a delica, but it had been custom built.

Pics will arrive if/when it is ever done.

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

All I can suggest are quality mudguards, polished tubular steel footsteps on the sides, and probably removing the front bushguard to attach a front splitter underneath the bumper.

16- or 17-inch wheels will look perfectly fine since the high ride height will make large wheels with short tire walls look totally out of place.

10. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Drop it onto some 8J 15" wheels with stretched rubber :D

on a more serious note, clear indicators and repeaters would be all that i'd change externally. Its perfect to be turned into a sleeper.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Instead of a shopping list down the side you get a list of mods and instead of a badge you get a bit-tech case badge or picture of Relix.

12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

That yellow thing is horriffic!

I've just got a 3dr Rav4, it's staying stock!

13. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

that yellow thing if my memory serves me right is a lexus gs??? it was for sale @ the same place me and a mate went to look @ a crx, and yes i agree its horriffic, but the work that went into it must of took ages!!

keep it simple (small wheels big grippy tires maybe? just a thought)

14. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

The GS had much different tail lights, but the passenger doors and wheelbase make it being a GS plausible. Seems to me that it is (was?) a C-class Mercedes Benz.

15. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

I contemplated giving my Citroen BX a body kit once apon a time. And come to thing about it, the colour would have been perfect for a relix style badge on the body work.

OOOOO a relix figurehead on the front of the car. THATS classy :D

16. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

tire measurements on stock wheel?

most likely size without knowing offset of wheels, would be somewhere in the 16" range, running 235/55R16 tires

assuming you have a 205/75R14 tire on there now

Last edited: 20 Aug 2007
  17. imkeller

cderalow, that sounds about right.

The guy that owned it before my dad chromed a lot of it (tubular steel footsteps, mirrors, rear parking mirror, grill, big thing on front made of pipes), and the base colour of it is black, with the bottom half slate, so it doesnt look bad as it is.

18. Harrybo

Harrybo GAMER

Wow Pimped Volvo, Never seen one!

19. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

delica has slightly smaller wheels than a pajero or shogun, both of which will go onto a delica with little or no mods to the inner wheel arch plastics, lo-profiles would be a waste of time and it would look daft , it is afterall a Mitsubishi shogun chassis with a van body chucked on it

20. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

the reason to put lower profile tires on a larger rim is to maintain overall outer diameter, which using my above assumed tire sizes is 26.1"

even if your tire size is off .1" (meaning 26.2"), you're talking about your speedometer being 3% off (at 60, you'd be going 60.2mph, at 70, you'd be doing 72.1, and god help you, if that thing actually can go 90, you'd be doing 92.7).

point being, maintain outer diameter, maintain speedometer & odometer accuracy

Tags: