1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD, Nvidia release drivers for BioShock

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

I'm assuming the NVidia driver is for desktop cards only? What about us GeForce GO users? :sigh:

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

you cant play games on a laptop properly

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

It'll be the same response from both AMD and Nvidia - "contact your laptop manufacturer". This is the sole reason why notebooks will never take over as the device of choice for PC gaming, even though they are fast becoming the form factor of choice for many families. :sigh:

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Well, I used Catalyst 7.2 drivers when I played this last night... no hotfix or anything like that... and didn't notice any of these issues...

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this IS a huge game after all...... very interesting.....

7. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Think I'll get out my Gramophone, gel back my hair, put my braces on and whack on my Spats. A bottle of Old Tom and a pack of schmokes too. :)

I haven't noticed any missing or texture corruption and I'm using the 7.7's (X1950 Pro AGP) - still, might as well get the hotfix - see if it improves anything.

8. riggs

riggs ^_^

I think you missed an "imo" off the end of your sentence.
    I take it this is just down to cost? I.e., spend less time/money on minor products due to them having a smaller userbase?
    I mean, the GO series driver hasn't had an update for over a year!?

Bah!

Hopefully the demo will have finished downloading by the time I get home...I'll be on the lookout for graphical glitches :naughty:

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

Nah, basically the notebook manufacturers want to "certify" drivers for their notebooks. It's understandable on one front, but then it's not understandable on another front - the one where some PC gamers are playing games on a notebook.

10. poenanie

poenanie What's a Dremel?

Can anyone tell me if there are any performance differences under windows vista in dx10 with these ?

11. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

No he did not, the structure and delivery of his sentence does not point to the opinion expressed being anyone else's but his.

No change on the demo with these drivers for me, but I could not see anything wrong when I played it last night anyway :thumb:

12. rufiosab

rufiosab What's a Dremel?

Well, i can't get to run on my aging x800, don't know why they're listed on the hotfix.

13. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

Is it worthy to install beta drivers just for a demo ? I think I'll wait the stable forceware version. The demo runs all right anyway.

14. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Urrgh - no hotfix for me. :(

15. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

strikes me as abit odd that they made a game which dosn't work with the latest drivers?

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's usually the other way around Kipman - the game developers adhere to a spec (i.e. DX10, DX9.0c, etc) when they programme the game and there may be certain bits of the game's code that could upset current drivers. Both ATI and Nvidia seem to have worked with 2K Boston to ensure there are drivers out before release that are 100% compatible and I'm sure the fixes will be rolled into the next "official" Catalyst/Forceware releases.

If you're not having problems, don't update... but if you do have problems, it's obviously the first port of call IMO.

17. riggs

riggs ^_^

Well, the demo seems to run ok @ 1280x800 with most settings on max (and no graphical/textural glitches that I can see). I am suffering from input/movement lag though; takes a split second for input to be recognised...any idea on what causes this? It's happened before in certain games and I never did find a solution :duh:

Oh, and lol @ the review thread and it's 3 pages of widescreen complaints! :hehe:

18. rewind

rewind What's a Dremel?

Can any one explain why the ATI Bioshock hotfix is over twice the size of the normal driver file ? :eyebrow:

19. rewind

rewind What's a Dremel?

Just installed it as I was seeing some texture issues on the demo.

What a load of crap it installs! Even the bloated drivers don't contain this much crap... Parental tools ?!?

20. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I'm having no problems such as display corruption or stuttering in the demo so i won't be installing the hotfix untill after i see what the fullgame runs like.
    I'm still on Cat 7.4 as they have been rock solid and everything i run runs great.
    There seems to be far too many driver updates lately so i'm guessing that they're mainly just for sorting out the new dx10 cards problems.

Tags: Add Tags