1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Half-Life 2: Red

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ady1989, 18 Aug 2007.

1. ady1989

ady1989 What's a Dremel?

hey guys! i am currently working on a HL2 themed PC. since im not taking many pics during the process, i wont put this under worklogs. this will be my first full case mod.

we have all seen those rusty half-life 2 mods (and im not saying they are not nice) but i wanted to do something original, so i went for a clean and simple look. i guess what im trying to do could be called "artistic" in the way of simple and somewhat modern look as well as contrast between things. I am working on an antec performance 2 series case. i dont think finishing this will take me more than a week or so, therefore stay tuned for frequent updates.

what i have so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let me know what you thing so far! the dripping "rust" effect and the HL text were etched into the side panel. the striped red border piece sits about 2 cm from the panel. the case badge still needs to be painted a red tint. i have a few surprises for the case door so im gonna leave that for later. :rock:

peace!

2. SanDmaN

SanDmaN Minimodder

Looking very good so far!! Everyones taste is different and it's nice to see a minimal mod but now you've started i'll bet you'll get the bug and that will end up a totally different case :D

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Front is veery nice. I like the dripping effect on the side, but only below - the stuff above, not so much so (just saying).
    You planning anything for the top?

4. ady1989

ady1989 What's a Dremel?

thanks guys! i did not have much time to mod this weekend since i was busy getting drunk and... enjoying other substances, but i should have an update either tonight or tomorrow morning. I am almost done the light switch panel that will fit in the two 3.5" bays. I had a little trouble with fitting everything in there but solved that. stay tuned!

5. timmythemonkey

timmythemonkey Monkeymodder

Must admit I'm not a fan of the 'dripping in rust look' and yours seems much more appealing to me!

Keep up the good work!

6. Harrybo

Harrybo GAMER

That look awsome i love HL 2

7. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I'm always a fan of HL2-themed mods. There have been quite a lot of them over the years, but that's nothing bad at all. This is a different direction. I love the minimalism. You utilized the Antec/Chieftec chassis' shape and color for the mod, and it works well. Bravo! Keep at it.

8. ady1989

ady1989 What's a Dremel?

hey everyone! i did not have much time to mod since i had to fix some issues with my car (95 acura integra rs), which became a priority. tonight i did some more case work. i am almost done the wiring for the front light control. the pics im about to post are just a mock up and powered by a test PSU. the lights can all be turned on or off via a key switch. the gauge on the top right remains pinned when the lights are powered. there is one more LED that should light up but i guess it's burned out, i will replace it soon. let me know what you think so far! :dremel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Nice case man looks good, hl2 is my favorite, can't wait to see more of it.
    (integras are nice, my gf has one.)

Last edited: 28 Aug 2007