1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics help with rewiring screen..

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Springs, 23 Aug 2007.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

hi all.. long time no see... havent been posting on bit-tech since the start of the year... been pre ocupied with work and my car..

hopefully ill be comming back into the scene later on in the remaining year.. still have a project that i want to finish.. :S ive been reading the odd bit and still trying to get round this new forums design..

anyways.. why im here..

ive had this screen for a while now.. its one of those car screens.. it came with a fancy connector and i didnt get the other half for so i couldnt use it.. ive stripped it down all the way back to where the pins are soldered and need some calification on whats, what..

White / Red / Yellow / Blue / Green / Black
    A1 V1 V1 G +12v Nothing

im guessing A1 is audio, V1's are video (believe it has AV1/2 options) not sure what blue is, and i no +12v is power.. and im guessing black is ground??

thanks..

2. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

Hi,

Without knowing the exact type of your screen it will be hard to determine what the pinouts/colors of your wires mean. Generally speaking red is +vcc, black is ground, and yellow would be video, sometimes they use white as well. Perhaps if you took some good quality pictures of the insides where the actual wires meet up with the driver board for your LCD. That should help us determine which wires do what.

Though if you go experimenting it is a good possibility that you will end up blowing an onboard fuse (assuming it has them, most do). Though they are easy to replace or even bypass. Maybe some other forum member will know based on your description the exact pinouts. But out of all the headrest and visor lcd's I've installed I have found there to be few consistancies in the connections.

3. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

An educated guess (But only a guess) would be that red green and blue are the colour signals with yellow and white being Vsync and Hsync (no idea which way round). Do you have any more information on the screens preveous purpose? was it hooked up to a computer or to a dvd player or something? If it was hooked up to a dvd player or AV equipment of some kind then it could be that the yellow wire is a composite input.

Moriquendi

4. Springs

Springs Boing boing

piccy of where the wires start..

[​IMG]

5. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

From the picture it is ovious that blue/g is definatly a ground of some kind since it has a large plane rather than a thin trace like the others.

knowing that I would trust the pcb markings and assume green would very likely be +12v. If you follow the trace you should find some form of power regulation like a lm7805 or similar.

I would expect white, red and yellow to be signal wires. If it has audio then this is prob A1/white.
    not sure about red and yellow though yellow should be composite.. but what is the other input? what sort of connectors were on the product and would also help to see the rest of the pcb and ends of wires.

Its possible all of the signals will share one ground, this might be the purpose of the black wire, but you really need to follow it rather than guess.