1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple and NBC Universal battle it out

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 3 Sep 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Im just going to sit back and watch this fight. mainly because i could really care less about any of the before mentioned companies.

3. tylerpestell

tylerpestell What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of getting Heroes through iTunes this season too ... seriously. But for 5$!?!? no way. I think $2 is kind of high ... personally $0.50 is the best price, I could afford that.

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Until the total price of a season is less than the cost of the DVD there is no reason to buy a show online.

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

well the reason would be that you get it earlier, and this seems to be a new driving force in the market, people will pay lots to get anything sooner. Daft to me I'll wait a few weeks and save a few quid.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

5$???? are these guys real? even at 2$ it is expensive.

7. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

The only reason I have iTUnes on my computer is because I have an iPod. NBC's new shows suck. I personally hope APple wins though. NBC wanting to charge more while other companies such as ABC were more then happy to leave the cost at $1.99.

NBC is gettin' greedy. I really wish the Late Show with Conan O'Brien would go to Comedy Central. With John Stewert, Steven Colbert and then Conan O'Brien all on one network I would be in comedy heaven (I really like the aforementioned shows that each one hosts :p).

8. flabber

flabber What's a Dremel?

@Hiren: So true... untill companies like NBC don't understand that consumers aren't stupid and won't buy episodes that are more expensive then a DVD/CD, I'll keep getting my episodes the "other" way.

NBC also blames Apple for not wanting to make money for NBC, but being more interested in selling iPods. Hello? Since when do companies want to make money for other companies?

NBC follows the footsteps of Universal Music by claiming they should get more money for their products. Both of them will feel like donkeys when they find out that people will never buy their products with the insane price that they ask for them.

9. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

"New contract negotiations are underway but with Apple unwilling to budge on its pricing model, it's highly unlikely that anything will transpire."

this is the first time i think ive liked apple

10. 2JSC

2JSC What's a Dremel?

The only reason I have iTunes on my PC is for sampling music. Then I go over to Amazon and buy whole CD's... like 5-6 at a time.

Tags: Add Tags