1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Overclocking an e2160 with asus p5n32-sli premium

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blood, 3 Sep 2007.

1. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

This chip is good, ive heard good things about it, and I myself had had it going to 2.4 gig on an abit ab9, which turned out to die eventually anyways.
    I got an asus p5n32-sli today, great board, but none of the overclocking options via the bios wanna work!

Anything I do results in the comp not posting. Having to restart and lose the settings.

Im a complete novice, but have dabbed in the past and recently.
    WHEN using the own ' safe overclocking options ' built in dont work.. then wtf!!
    I have also tried to put in the overclock util on the drivers disc, but apparently it doesnt support this model of mobo! Something about an ocif buffer...

Can anyone help me?
    Helping noobs is good :)

2. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Hi, I currently have this board too, the progrm you require when overclocking in windows is ASUS Ai Booster (XP 32bit version).

Initially my board would not accept any overclocks I did to it and each reboot would just remove any overclock changes I had made, It seam to fix itself for me after I had applied a NOS overclock of 10% which it accpeted, I then removed this NOS overclock, and applied my own FSB overclock, which has since stuck.

What other hardware are you using in the PC? Are you using 4 sticks of ram by any chance?

3. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

Thats the prog that I am attempting to install, with no success. Gives me an error ( which I will specify when I get home later ) and shuts itself down.

I havent tried the NOS overclock, just the auto and manual overclocks ( as far as I can remember). Shall give that a go.

Running a 7600gt, two gig sticks of Crucial 5300, 500gb hitachi sata-II, 160gb seagate sata. and a Samsung sata dvd-rw drive.

4. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

I got the bios updated... I got the overclock prog in...

I ignored that, and got the fsb up in the bios... I can get it to 225, and it cant go further than that. so .. 2.29ghz outa this chip so far.
    I am pushing for MUCH more, as people have had this up past 3 gig!!
    My cooling is up to it, Zalman CNPS9500 with a 120mm papst fan strapped to it ( running at 7v just now ).
    Once this clock is settled into it for a few hours, ill try push a bit harder and maybe adjust the voltage.

Anyone any more tips ?

5. Blood

Blood What's a Dremel?

I found a thread about a guy overclocking his e2160 by whacking the voltage up to 1.45v.. I tried.. and I still couldnt get anywhere past 2.4gig, I know my temps are great, I can get down to about 22 degrees idle.. My ram isnt the best of stuff, but crucial ddr2 pc5300 should suffice? atleast past 2.5 gig, as a mate of mine is running pc3200 and his is on 290fsb!!
    Wtf am I doing wrong ?:(

Plea from the noooob for help :)

Tags: