1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding TFT Question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by god8y, 4 Sep 2002.

1. god8y

god8y What's a Dremel?

I've used to see the korean dudes came up sometime with a case with a tft lcd that he chopped in a own case, he didn't bought it as a 'full' package, the only question is... how the hell do u connect that ? if it's easy and not that expensive i can make my case immediately with a tft lcd on the side off the mobo tray, can be usefull for lan's, don't u think?

EDIT: ohyeah the screen was touchscreen :D

2. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

3. god8y

god8y What's a Dremel?

I'm not looking for a 5-7" screen, i'm looking for bigger like 15" and still didn't found any retailer or spec info about some touchscreens that they used in a mod from koreamods, too bad i can't find the damn mod back so i could show u.

4. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

ok, yo uhave tyo unscrew your TFT, you will see there is a bit in the middle where the screen is. Take that out very carefully, tgere may be more screws and stuff befroe you can get it off. Cut a hole in whatever you want to pout it in, then screw it in there and connect it to the GFX card in the normal way!!

5. god8y

god8y What's a Dremel?

So it's like a vga connection ? no tv-out orso ?

6. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

The principle is the same as the other thread I linked to.

Either

a.)buy a touchscreen ready built and rip it to bits (analogue VGA interface)

b.)buy all your bits separately after you research their compatibility.
    This method requires
    an LCD panel
    an touch membrane
    an inverter
    a touch controller
    an LCD controller which will be PCI/ISA slot or standalone with either VGA or RCA input.