1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo fan banned from Xbox Live until 10,000AD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Sep 2007.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

having never used live on the 360 i cant be sure, i know they used to ban the orginal xbox console (different cirrcumstance only ever read the theory), and if you read the ToS it will probably have something along the lines (PROBABLY) you must adhere to these rules, failure to do so will result in the locking/banning of your account

2. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

It seems very unfair to ban the people using it rather than the ones who spread it in the first place.
    *falls over laughing*

3. righteous_slave

righteous_slave I know what a bloody Dremel is

Does anyone notice the audacity of M$ to assume that they will still be around long enough to uphold that ban?

4. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

They deserved it. I wish Sony and Incognito had drop the ban hammer on the hundreds of people (and possible thousands but doubt it) that poured into the Warhawk beta uninvited. And then you got people trying to preach of the word of how uninvited guests to a beta is a good thing.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

he was asking for it.....

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

haha sucks to be him

7. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

:duh: You cross the line, you take your chances. Bet he's whining something awful on the forums right now.:lol:

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Gotta love it when people say "Hey guys, I broke the rules and got to do something you can't!"

Then next minute:

"OMFG! I broke the rules and now I'm getting punished! How UNFAIR!"

9. EQC

EQC What's a Dremel?

It would be clever if Halo 3 was supposed to take place in 10,000 AD...and these people were only really banned until the game made its official debut.

10. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

To the dude that said "it shouldn't be on the marketplace if they don't want people to download it", it's not on the marketplace, well, not to 99% of people. He recovered his friends tag and used the Download History to download it and then used the 2 controller glitch to attach it to HIS tag so he can go on it without signing on to his friends account first.

And to the person saying "as it's a paid service, will he get a refund". Of course not as he has broken the terms and conditions so they have the right to cut his subscription. Most likely because Bungie are close to Microsoft that he got banned from XBL rather than just Halo 3.

Thousands of brits have used the controller glitch to get the CoD4 early, Infinity ward just banned people from the beta rather than XBL. People did that with the Halo 3 beta also but i don't think Bungie cared about that.

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Well, according to the novels it's set around the year 2550, so that's not likely. Pretty funny what they did though.

(The banned kids) Haha, banned? Probably for like two we- 7992 YEARS? WHAT THE HELL? :wallbash:

12. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

That is why you have to read the fine print in the ULA...Im pretty sure exploiting XBox Live to load a beta release of the most anticipated XBox game ever is covered in there somewhere.

13. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

You dont ****-off in front of the PoPo;
    You dont pull a gun in an airport;
    You dont smoke weed outside the DEA building;
    You dont play unreleased material on the MS sponsored network.

The ban probably tagged the consoles unique internal ID as well as apply to the user account. He will have to get another XBOX and user account at most.

I truly dont feel sorry for the idiot. He was smart enough to download it, and smart enough to use an exploit to run it.

"Hmm.....this really looks and smells illegal, but I think I'll play it on the most monitored paid subscription service on the internet anyway.............What, they banned me?????" -pulls thumb out of ass-

I dont support MS or XBOX in anyway, I just hate stupid people more.

14. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I can't speak on the Halo 3 matter, but modified 360's were banned by serial number of the console. Not sure about the user account though (but i can't imagine they could ban the user if they were playing on a friends xbox). This is a different matter though.

15. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Pshhhh... It's still worth it!

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

wrong...

you dont have to read it...

every eula for online services says they can revoke your right to use it and that they can refuse any business with you without ever having to give a reason.

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

ha! as my friend said, "that guy got owned!". Good riddance.

18. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

"Good riddance"? What in the world are you talking about?! Try and remember what happened: he isn't a suicide bomber, nor someone who's stealing credit card numbers, and he's not molesting little kids. All he did was play some unreleased code.

The amount of self-righteousness people are displaying over this is rather sickening. Get off your bloody high horses.

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

He broke the rules, he got punished. What's the problem?

20. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i thought none

Tags: Add Tags